Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

View Poll Results: Why did you choose your SONY DSLR?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Other camera manufacturers did not offer certain features

2 40.00%
  • Other manufacturer’s camera costs drove me to SONY

3 60.00%
  • Other forum members influenced me in this direction

1 20.00%
  • SONY Brand allegiance

0 0%
  • I’m a prior Minolta DSLR owner with older glass

1 20.00%
  • I feel SONY is offering a superior product

2 40.00%
  • Viewed impressive examples … looking to emulate them

0 0%
  • I’m just trying it out before I try some other manufacturer

0 0%
  • I appreciate image stability with ALL lenses I mount

4 80.00%
  • It was a gift

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post
    Please review the initial kit prices ... without these premium lenses in the evaluation. It will probably be quite a bit closer in this mythological world of which you speak.
    first of all the option you gave does not talk about kit prices. the option says that other manufaturers cost drove you to sony. to me, this implies you already invested in the system, (or are investigating), and the increased cost of building your kit with the other system far exceeds the cost of building the sony system. this is just pure BS. pound-for-pound if you are looking at develping your system with good glass or top end excellent glass, Canon and Nikon are cheaper than Sony.

just for kicks, even the STARTER systems are cheaper.

nikon d90 w/18-105VR kit lens: $1299
    canon 40d 2/17-85 IS kit lens: $1450
    sony a700 w/16-105 kit lens: $1599

wanna add a grip ?

sony's is $300, nikons is $130. 60% cheaper.

so its clearly evident that you are being disingenuous in that statement.

like i said, in-body IS is a big plus to some people, better LV implementation is great aswell. these are facts that are clear and genuine advantages of Sony's dslr's.

so you have a choice here Don. you can either be full of shit in your comparisons basing it on myths trying to intentionally mislead people or you could be fair dinkum and call it like it is. the sony system is strong enuf to stand on its own without you having to make crap up about it.

i'm not bashing sony here, i dont do that. i'm just calling a spade a spade.

btw seanhoxx: as i have said NUMEROUS times on this forum, i think sony's entry into dslr has been the best thing that has happened to dslr since canon introduced a FF digital camera. i want sony to be a dominant player cos i think it will benefit everyone.
    Last edited by Rooz; 09-05-2008 at 07:03 PM.
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr