Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Kodak C703 info wanted quickly

Hi

I have been trying to find people out there who have used this camera, Kodak Easyshare C703. As yet I have found nobody and have only found 2 or 3 reviews (of sorts).

I'm thinking of buying one which is going at a good price but there are certain things I need to know.

- Does the camera lose date/time settings when you replace batteries ?

- How does what you see through the viewfinder compare to the actual photo taken ?

- I'd like to ask somebody who has used one about its close-up performance (as in ease of use)

- How is the noise level at higher ISO settings ?

- Shutter lag ... I saw in these very few reviews that there was a delay of about 4 seconds! That is a very long time but I don't know what these folk were timing the 4 seconds FROM and in what conditions so I'd appreciate a word someone who has experienced this camera.

Judging by the number of responses I have had to this on other forums it would appear that very few people even have one of these cameras.

I can explain a couple of the questions more clearly if someone out there has this camera and responds.

Thanks for any info,

Woody

Do yourself a favor. Buy the Canon A470 instead.
    Bitten by the photo bug
    Panasonic FZ28
    Canon A720IS
    Sanyo Eneloop Rechargeable AA Batteries

Quote Originally Posted by AndyfromVA View Post
    Do yourself a favor. Buy the Canon A470 instead.
    Too late. The deed is done. I'd had no replies so I went for the C703. I can always return it if it doesn't perform the way I want within 7 days. The reason I needed a new pocket digi is thatmy Olympus C350Z is now playing up. It's just a camera to carry round all the time ... not my MAIN equipment. The Canon A470 does not meet the requirements as one of the things I want is an optical viewfinder (very rare on compact cameras these days). It was also a good price on the Kodak clearance/refurbished site.

You don't mention WHY getting the A470 would be doing myself a favour. No comparisons or anything. So, as it stands I STILL have no comments on the performance of the C703. Will see what happens when it arrives.

The A470 has excellent performance and picture quality for such an inexpensive camera. Check out the sample pictures in Flickr.
    http://www.flickr.com/cameras/canon/powershot_a470/
    Bitten by the photo bug
    Panasonic FZ28
    Canon A720IS
    Sanyo Eneloop Rechargeable AA Batteries

Some nice pics there. Didn't know about that Find a Camera section on flickr. Will see how this one I have ordered performs. The eyepiece was high on my wish list though.

Thumbs up c730 camera

Quote Originally Posted by widmeister View Post
    Hi

I have been trying to find people out there who have used this camera, Kodak Easyshare C703. As yet I have found nobody and have only found 2 or 3 reviews (of sorts).

I'm thinking of buying one which is going at a good price but there are certain things I need to know.

- Does the camera lose date/time settings when you replace batteries ?

- How does what you see through the viewfinder compare to the actual photo taken ?

- I'd like to ask somebody who has used one about its close-up performance (as in ease of use)

- How is the noise level at higher ISO settings ?

- Shutter lag ... I saw in these very few reviews that there was a delay of about 4 seconds! That is a very long time but I don't know what these folk were timing the 4 seconds FROM and in what conditions so I'd appreciate a word someone who has experienced this camera.

Judging by the number of responses I have had to this on other forums it would appear that very few people even have one of these cameras.

I can explain a couple of the questions more clearly if someone out there has this camera and responds.

Thanks for any info,

Woody

i hve had this camera now for about a year. i love it! takes great pictures, close up and far away. tha zoom is great. long battery life, but in case i always have batteries on hand. i keep it on the dock charger until i want to use it. i have had it out for a day and its still charged. the pictures come out clear and the colors do the same. i have an epson photo printer so i do my own pictures. i it also will do videos with sound.their is a second or two delay on the shutter speed.
    it does not loose date or time. the date prints clear on pictures unless you chop the picture. i purchase mine at wal-mart. hope this helps.
    shirley

Buy a canon buy a canon ..... if you can not answer the question asked .. do us a favor and do not take up space.
    sw2cam

Ah, Mistyeyes, there *is* someone else who has this camera. Thanks for your info. I haven't used the camera extensively yet but it is certainly easy to use and seems to be doing the job so far. I must try it out in various modes and see how it is at acquiring focus on the subject.

One thing I have found that I don't like is that it does not keep all last used settings. I mean, when the camera is switched on it has focus zone set to multi zone even if my last used setting was centre zone. Same applies to the ISO ... this is set to auto when powered on even if I have manually selected a value before powering off. This I do not really want the camera to default to as I want to say NO do NOT use a high ISO unless I tell you to (higher ISO = more noise). Just a couple of niggling things but it's just a case of getting used to it I suppose.
    Last edited by widmeister; 09-01-2008 at 03:09 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake

I have had one for about a year. I have bought three others to give as gifts . I like it very much. It is a good point & shoot camera. I too like a viewfinder. AIt is not accurate on telephoto though; OK otherwise. There is a lag on action shots. I was not able to get a photo of my grandson on a carnival ride as it was going too fast and the lag was about two seconds.
    The quality of the photos is surprisingly good. I do use Kodak for my prints; maybe this has something to do with the good quality. BTW, the C743 is the same camera.
    Hope this helps.