Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Thumbs down Z712 IS Problem - Won't turn on.

I have a Kodak Z712 IS. The lens is extended and it will not turn on. I have tried new batteries, and charging it on the Kodak dock for 3 hrs. until the light is on steady. It still will not turn on.
    Has anyone ever experienced ths problem?
    Can anyone suggest a solution?

I think everyone has experienced this problem with one camera or another of every brand you can name. If you have already let the rig sit without batteries overnight you may need to send it in for repairs. If it's out of warranty like everything else you may be able to buy new for less. I bought my Z712is at the KODAK-OUTLET on ebay for a bid of $113.71, it's a factory refurb with a full year KODAK warranty. I like the rig enough that if this one took a dump I'd buy another.

http://stores.ebay.com/Kodak-Outlet
    Last edited by sw2cam; 08-28-2008 at 07:36 PM.
    sw2cam

Thanks, that's what I was afraid of. I think I'll try to do the same. I really don't want to spend $100.00 to repair a $100.00 camera, as much as I like it. Kodak said if I could produce a receiipt they would fix it under warranty, but I do not have one. BTW, Kodak warranty servive on the phone is in the Phillipines! I thought it was in Rochester.

Phillipines, Rochester, Alabama, BoraBora, the times I have used KODAK customer service they were outstanding. I like so many others would rather see the jobs stay in the U.S.
    Last edited by sw2cam; 08-25-2008 at 09:12 PM.
    sw2cam

It 's funny how all these outfits want proof of purchase with a date on it before they provide free repairs within the warranty period. Damn them .... they sure are sneeky.

Big Red thumbs down to them.
    Last edited by sw2cam; 08-25-2008 at 08:30 PM.
    sw2cam

If you are legit and you just can't find the receipt you can likely photoshop one. I've done this, again only when legit (couldn't find a receipt) before and had no problems...got nothing to lose except shipping to them actually, the camera is already broken.

Sean

How will a FAKE reciept make him LEGIT?
    sw2cam

Quote Originally Posted by sw2cam View Post
    How will a FAKE reciept make him LEGIT?
    I meant if he honestly bought the camera within the last year.

I personally have no moral problem with faking a receipt to document a legitimate purchase date. The fact that I lost a piece of paper shouldn't disqualify me from recieving what I purchased (warranty).

This is especially true for a product that I've registered meaning they have a date of my purchase (not sure if that applies here but it did in my case when I've done this). Another scenario that drives me nuts is when the date of manufacture which is stamped on many products is WITHIN the warranty period. In these scenarios having me then have to dig up a receipt is just nonsense that many companies use to simply deny the warranty customers paid for. If they want to play games I can play too (with Photoshop).

If you disagree with this morally then don't do it. I do feel that photoshopping a receipt to make it look like you are still in warranty when you are not is fraud, and wouldn't do that.

Sean
    Last edited by stiphy; 09-20-2008 at 05:17 PM.

Registered?

I don't know if it will make any difference as far as warranty is concerned, but did you register the camera with Kodak when you bought it?

Quote Originally Posted by stiphy View Post
    I meant if he honestly bought the camera within the last year.

I personally have no moral problem with faking a receipt to document a legitimate purchase date. The fact that I lost a piece of paper shouldn't disqualify me from recieving what I purchased (warranty).

This is especially true for a product that I've registered meaning they have a date of my purchase (not sure if that applies here but it did in my case when I've done this). Another scenario that drives me nuts is when the date of manufacture which is stamped on many products is WITHIN the warranty period. In these scenarios having me then have to dig up a receipt is just nonsense that many companies use to simply deny the warranty customers paid for. If they want to play games I can play too (with Photoshop).

If you disagree with this morally then don't do it. I do feel that photoshopping a receipt to make it look like you are still in warranty when you are not is fraud, and wouldn't do that.

Sean
    Myself ..... I have no problem keeping records. I have no problems locating reciepts, I have no problems, because I think I should play an active role in taking care of things myself and not expecting others to keep and document things for my well being. So again I ask how does FAKING a receipt make one LEGIT?
    sw2cam