Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Thread: Compact Flash?

Compact Flash?

Hello Everyone,

As you know from other posts, I ordered the Cannon Digital Rebel. After some shipping snafus on UPS' fault, I should receive the camera on Monday. I have already purchased an Extra Battery, Case, and Lens filter. The things I still have on my list include a compact flash card and a reader (for my PC).

I was curious if you all can recommend a brand of Compact Flash. Does it matter? Are some faster than others?

Sorry for all the newbie questions...
    Thanks,

Jake Necessary
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Quote Originally Posted by TnLiP
    Hello Everyone,

As you know from other posts, I ordered the Cannon Digital Rebel. After some shipping snafus on UPS' fault, I should receive the camera on Monday. I have already purchased an Extra Battery, Case, and Lens filter. The things I still have on my list include a compact flash card and a reader (for my PC).

I was curious if you all can recommend a brand of Compact Flash. Does it matter? Are some faster than others?

Sorry for all the newbie questions...
    The DReb is a relatively slow camera in terms of data transfer from buffer to CF card. While Rob Galbraith thinks the camera will benefit from whatever small edge a fast card will deliver, I disagree. At best the DReb will post about a 30% increase in transfer speed, which at 1.3MB/sec. doesn't mean much, compared to the 4+MB/sec in the D70.

But you be the judge:

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/mul...?cid=6007-6425
    D7000, D70, CP990, CP900, FE.
    50mm f/1.8, Sigma 18-125, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8, Nikon 18-105 VR, Nikon 55-200 VR, Nikon 43-86 f/3.5 AiS, Vivitar 28-90 F/2.8-3.5 Macro, Vivitar 75-205 F/3.8-4.8, SB800.
    Ha! See, I can change...

http://d70fan.smugmug.com/