Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Cool Panorama (John Hancock Center Observatory)

Okay ... for fun I created a 7500 pixel long Panorama from the John Hancock Center Observation Deck. This definitely was a chore, but for a first attempt ... you all may enjoy "the day" the Air Show had.

Use the bottom Scroll Bar to your heart's content ... LOL

Name:  Full-360-from-JHC-&-BA.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  442.0 KB

About midway, you can see the new TRUMP tower going up. They completed the final concrete pour over the weekend. From here up ... all metal and composites.

Okay Frank, your turn.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 02-03-2009 at 10:42 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

I guess you took all those images with this in mind. Do you put one finger in the first image and two in the last so you know where the start and finish is? Looking at this it looks like a 360 degree image. Nice job. Next time get someone to clean the glass outside I see a bug. LOL
    Frank
    Sony A77
    Sony A580
    Sony A 100
    Maxxum 400si.
    Sony 18-70 Kit Lens
    Minolta AF 35-70
    Minolta AF 50 f/1.7
    Tamron 70-300 f/4-5.6 Di LD
    Tamron 60mm Macro
    Tamron 17-50 f/2.8
    Tamron 2x Converter
    Sony HVL-F42AM
    Quantaray 70-300 4.5-5.6 Macro
    Slingshot 200 Bag

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22083244@N06/

http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn219/sparkie1263/

Red face Clean up ...

Sorry ... I washed the window, so please look again ...

Oh, and welcome to Chicago, Illinois ... the window on the world.
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

You missed a spot in the South and I can see peoples reflections in the glass.LOL

Frank
    Sony A77
    Sony A580
    Sony A 100
    Maxxum 400si.
    Sony 18-70 Kit Lens
    Minolta AF 35-70
    Minolta AF 50 f/1.7
    Tamron 70-300 f/4-5.6 Di LD
    Tamron 60mm Macro
    Tamron 17-50 f/2.8
    Tamron 2x Converter
    Sony HVL-F42AM
    Quantaray 70-300 4.5-5.6 Macro
    Slingshot 200 Bag

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22083244@N06/

http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn219/sparkie1263/

omg, the quick reply box is really far in that >>>>>> direction LOL.

anyways, that's a really cool shot there don! that's pretty interesting, I didn't know they let people on to the tip of the hancock building.... (there's not obstructions!)
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

Cool Obstructionless photography

To be quite accurate about how I approached the overall shot, when you are dealing with distances in excess of
    three blocks in any direction, it really doesn't matter where you are standing on the top of a building, when you
    take the image. Up there, I was limited to about 200 feet in any one direction. So I went to the four different
    sides of JHC and took three shots to cover the quarter of the image. Then, when finished ... I had the entire 360
    coverage by the camera from four different symmetrical points, near the building's corners. Since they were
    effectively taken out of a single window at each point ... no obstructions. If there was one ... I lopped it out.

Photomerge sewwed each quarter image together from the three originals ... then I stripped them clean and
    sewwed the four corners together. According to Photoshop, the room for the full-size, completed image took well
    over a GB of Memory to complete and was 30000+ pixels in length. I then parred it down to 7500x500
    and used the "Save for Web & Devices..." to remove the JPG-air down to 49% (488KB) to fit in the web page.

As you can probably tell, I've got me a few neighbors!
    Last edited by DonSchap; 08-18-2008 at 06:57 PM.

flickr & Sdi

Wow!! sounds labor intense eh. good view of navy pier, Man I havent been to Chicago in like 8 years now. last time there was at a conference stayed just off navy pier, I think in that big black building LOL
    Sean

Talking Another shot ...

Here was an F-4 Phantom shot I took as he was buggin' out ... chased by the F-22 Raptor

Name:  F-4-heritage.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  247.2 KB

Name:  F-22-bugs-out.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  300.0 KB
    Last edited by DonSchap; 08-24-2008 at 09:15 PM.

flickr & Sdi

Question Daddy? How do the "Blue Angels" reverse direction?

"Well, honey ..."

Name:  BA-1.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  295.8 KB
    Name:  BA-2.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  344.5 KB
    Name:  BA-3.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  336.0 KB
    Name:  BA-4.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  289.1 KB

"CHEEZ-IT!"

flickr & Sdi

Lightbulb A kind of fun photomerge ...

Name:  twin-BA_Panorama1.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  447.8 KB

Yes ... a double exposure, kind of ...

The reason this works, without losing the planes ... is that the parts that overlap
    in the panorama do not have the planes in them, therefore the original shots beyond
    the overlap are left alone.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 08-25-2008 at 01:58 AM.

flickr & Sdi