Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question camera stand (bridge) for photographing documents?

I am looking for a "four legged camera stand" (if one exists) in order to efficiently photograph documents on a table top.

I imagine the stand to be light weight, to be placed on the table top work surface. It would have four legs, securing the camera across its middle, facing down over the documents.

Documents could be slid into the camera's photo field fairly rapidly for shooting, since focus would remain unchanged.

I have a large scrap book which I would like to digitize using my Nikon D70 with a 18-70 zoom.

I have a regular tripod which appears inefficient (legs in view).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    don wilson
    davis ca

Formerly South Wales. Now South Carolina.
    Have you considered securing your tripod so that the whole thing is horizontal? Alternatively, get a better tripod. It sounds like it is so flimsy that it has leg braces.

Things with 4 legs wobble. I think the Manfrotto 190XPROB can be pointed straight down, but it probably costs more than you want to spend.
    Lukas

Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

I suppose you could build something with supplies from an area hardware store fairly cheaply and easily...

How about a clamp tripod? It clamps onto something - for example a stool.

What your looking for is generally refered to as a "copy stand" as shown on this Amazon page > http://www.amazon.com/Adorama-RS-CS9...8896018&sr=8-1

If you're good at Do-It-Yourself projects, you might be able to put something together that would suffice. Take note of the lighting on each side of the copy table that would give even and uniform illumination.

Can I ask why on earth don't you use a document scanner?

Hmm... I notice he posted and ran.

i'm looking for exactly the same thing - i photograph jewellery.
    the stand i'm looking for is the one they use on CSI, like a frame with handles on either side and they place it over the object and shoot.
    because i do hundreds of images at a sitting i dont want something thats fiddly to use, just a place, focus, shoot, move on, kinda thing.

if anybody can help i would really appreciate it

Jewelery uses a different technique. That's usually placed on white plexiglass/perspex illuminated from below and from above.