Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 79 of 181 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast
    Hi! Room for someone new to Olympus, but rather old to photography?

I just got my first Olympus - E-P1 - this week after years of Canon SLR and DSLR (before that Rolleiflex and Voigtländer SLR's, Mamiya C-220 TLR and other historic items ;-) ).

As simple sample - haven't got outdors with the Pen yet:
    Name:  One_PEN_1.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  52.2 KB

One PEN to bind them all - to (mis)quote a well known English writer

Best regards Klaus

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
    Hi! Room for someone new to Olympus, but rather old to photography?

I just got my first Olympus - E-P1 - this week after years of Canon SLR and DSLR (before that Rolleiflex and Voigtländer SLR's, Mamiya C-220 TLR and other historic items ;-) ).

As simple sample - haven't got outdors with the Pen yet:
    Name:  One_PEN_1.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  52.2 KB

One PEN to bind them all - to (mis)quote a well known English writer

Best regards Klaus
    Welcome aboard Klaus! It'll be interesting to see what you can do with the Pen.
    E-510
    E-1
    Zuiko 14-54 F2.8-3.5 MkI
    Zuiko 70-300 F4.0-5.6
    Konica Hexanon 52mm F1.8
    Cullmann 2503
    Benro KS-0

Klaus,

Looks like you are a Lamy fan.

Lamy fan? - sure! In fact the 2000 and the Linea are worn out. The Safari is my primary pen today (with a little alternate time given to the cheap Parker).

Yep welcome from me too Klaus. Nice idea for a shot. I look forward to seeing what an experienced guy can do with an EP-1.
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

Quote Originally Posted by kgosden View Post
    Don,

My squirrels would like to challenge yours to a winner takes the birdseed challenge.
    Awww, no fair...

Mine is freezing his nuts off

Cheers, Don
    Don Kondra - Furniture Designer/Maker
    Product Photography

Olympus E-3 ~ E-30
    ZD 50 ~ 7-14 ~ 14-35 ~ 14-54 ~ 12-60 ~ 35-100 ~ 50-200 ~ EC 20
    Velbon tripod/ball head
    Slik tripod/Jobu Jr 2 Gimbal

Welcome, Klaus. It looks like we have a similar photo equipment history. Funny you should mention the Mamiya. I was thinking "damn, if the E-P1 had a waist level finder it would be like working with an RB67". Or maybe a small view camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken. View Post
    Welcome, Klaus. It looks like we have a similar photo equipment history. Funny you should mention the Mamiya. I was thinking "damn, if the E-P1 had a waist level finder it would be like working with an RB67". Or maybe a small view camera.
    Thanks Ken. Yes, I do miss the TLR style now and then - especially for the "slower" kind of photography. The waist level finder with a loupe for fine tuning was quite addictive

But the PEN is much more rangefinder like than TLR like, so here is a self-portrait in a style seen before
    Name:  Mirror_self.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  268.2 KB
    E-P1; 17/2,8; 1/60 - f2,8; jpeg with a little sharpening in Aperture - I am still waiting for Apple to come out with the raw support for the E-P1 in Snow Leopard (but that might only be a couple of days more? )

Rangefinder - if you have the viewfinder. I have the 14-42 so no viewfinder. Actually, I'm not missing it all that much. I've been trying to get back to my photojournalism roots. It's just a variation of the type of fast shooting I did back then.

Yes, it's quite annoying that Apple has not caught up with RAW converters yet. It affects the entire system. Finder can't see the files properly (0X0?) and that trickles down to all core based apps. I use Lightroom so it does not affect me but my colleagues and a few students are not at all happy that their E-P1's/2 and Lumix G's are having troubles. I'd be surprised if this was part of the big announcement. I suspect it will be another OS update after the "big day".
    Last edited by Ken.; 01-25-2010 at 07:59 PM.

My subject, one of the whale sharks at the Georgia Aquarium, is a bit blurry. However, this was the only one with people to give it some scale to the 15 foot long fish. I am pretty certain that the red dot on the fish in the middle is an exit sign reflection. The view window on this tank is the second largest in the world at 61' wide x 23' tall. There is apparently one in Japan that is 3" wider. I did run it through some auto-color, etc in PS.
    Attached Images Attached Images