Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 74 of 180 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174 ... LastLast
    Yes congrats Don I saw the E30 ref & thought to myself that's new but saw it in your sig & thought it was me that just hadn't noticed before. I look forward to your user impressions when you've got used to it.
    Jekostas I like no1 best too.
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

On a short NW US visit

I was in Seattle yesterday and it was an amazingly clear (and damn cold) December day. The mountain was out as they say. This was shot from up on Queen Ann Hill. The overly bright lights on the left are from the Experience Music Project with it's reflective skin glaring.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That's a beautiful view.

nice pic, Kgosden - have you considered cropping it down to the top left? Just over the bright lights on the bottom, and just before the three white buildings on the right.
    E-510
    E-1
    Zuiko 14-54 F2.8-3.5 MkI
    Zuiko 70-300 F4.0-5.6
    Konica Hexanon 52mm F1.8
    Cullmann 2503
    Benro KS-0

I may crop it. It was just the one that came out best with no processing. I have a number of others from the same view point. Took a few to play with in HDRI software when I get home.

Meanwhile I am sitting out a rainy day in Yosemite Valley. Sure wish I had been here Tuesday when they got the big load of snow. Still hoping for either less rain or cold enough temps for snow before we have to leave on Monday afternoon. Probably time to go have a beer and watch the rain drops.

Cold enough for snow? HA..

It's -40 C here with the windchill, even the chickadee's are taking a break

Cheers, Don
    Don Kondra - Furniture Designer/Maker
    Product Photography

Olympus E-3 ~ E-30
    ZD 50 ~ 7-14 ~ 14-35 ~ 14-54 ~ 12-60 ~ 35-100 ~ 50-200 ~ EC 20
    Velbon tripod/ball head
    Slik tripod/Jobu Jr 2 Gimbal

Nice shot of the skyline kgosden! Those are some bright lights.

I don't see how you get those bird shots Don. They never sit still for me. Great job!

I went to the Fayetteville street mall in downtown Raleigh last night. Here's a couple of shots. They don't show how cold it was, damn near froze to death!

The first pic is a Christmas tree on Fayetteville street.

The second shot is looking towards the state capital with all the Christmas decorations up.
    I don't make mistakes.....I have happy little accidents. (Bob Ross)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/builder24car/

Don, great depth of field. I love the little bit of snow on the beak. It has indeed turned to snow as of about 9pm Yosemite time. I am hoping it holds through the night.

Got more than I wished for...

Well, the snow kept coming down. By morning there were 5-6 inches on the floor of Yosemite Valley. It was still snowing and the clouds were very low; visibility was probably only 200 feet above the floor. Our group decided to hike up the Mist Trail to Vernal Falls. Did not get very many keepers out of the hike. Snow was nearly constant and had to keep the camera covered in one of those OP/Tech rainsleeves. They work great to keep things dry, but it is a little tough to see the LCD after a while. The blue sky broke through for about 10 minutes while we were at the falls after hiking through some 2 foot drifts.

The first one is almost monochrome in the overcast light and thick snow.

Oh man, I love the snow pic kgosden! God I hope I get snow and LOTS of it this winter! Great shot, thanks for sharing!
    I don't make mistakes.....I have happy little accidents. (Bob Ross)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/builder24car/