Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 73 of 183 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dtk View Post
    A couple more shots from November. I like both on some level, but I also feel like they're not hitting the high bar I'm trying to set for myself. Any C&C is greatly appreciated.
    The milkweed shot is fine, I think you're getting better and better on the composition.

As to the flower... erm, I think that natural "draw" for the eye tends to be the centre of the flower and not the petals, and that's really what should be in focus. You can either you AE/AF-lock and then re-compose, or close down the aperture a little more and use a tripod/support for the shot.
    E-510
    E-1
    Zuiko 14-54 F2.8-3.5 MkI
    Zuiko 70-300 F4.0-5.6
    Konica Hexanon 52mm F1.8
    Cullmann 2503
    Benro KS-0

Great shots jekostas! I really like the first and third ones with the third being my favorite. Looks like it stepped right out of a commericial.

I'm looking forward to seeing your pics Raven! Beijing sounds like a cool place to me.

The second pic is my favorite of those two dtk. Awesome shot, I love stuff like that!

My future pic if I can figure out what to do with it? This is a stop the car, get out and set up the tripod, take the pic and haul ass in about a minute and a half shot. I was blocking traffic and I really don't think they believed me when I said I was from the local news? Anyway I THINK this has the potential for a decent shot? I'm hoping to go back one night after 10:00 or even later and I'm sure I could stand in the middle of the street and shoot then if need be. I'm sure I'll have problems with the bright lights but I'm looking for Christmas pics and I like this scene. The right side next to the buildings appears to be the prettier of the two sides? Maybe because of more lighting? I'm open to any ideas on how to shoot it?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I don't make mistakes.....I have happy little accidents. (Bob Ross)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/builder24car/

builder, I think you have a good start for a picture. I'd actually probably move a little closer, so that one lamp post starts at the absolute left, and the building starts at the absolute right - the dead space on the left and the chain-link fence on the right do nothing for the picture as it is.

As for exposure, well, try messing with exposure compensation, maybe -1, -2/3, and -1/3, see what you get. You might have to mess around a little in post-processing to bring shadow detail up, but the lights will be much better (and blown-out highlights are much more difficult to fix).
    E-510
    E-1
    Zuiko 14-54 F2.8-3.5 MkI
    Zuiko 70-300 F4.0-5.6
    Konica Hexanon 52mm F1.8
    Cullmann 2503
    Benro KS-0

That was what I call a temporary pic jekostas. I have a bad case of CRS so I needed something I could see and think on if and when I ever get back. Seems like they're constantly calling for rain nowadays. I agree about the fence and having the lamp post and building an equal distance apart. I'm hoping if I can time it right when I go back there won't be a single car on the street so I'll have more options? I'm kind of dreading the lights problem, but I'm looking at it as a way to learn!
    I don't make mistakes.....I have happy little accidents. (Bob Ross)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/builder24car/

I'd zoom in on the lamps a little to make the decorations more obvious. Maybe even do a vertical shot? And adjust the white balance to make things less yellowy. One-touch white balance should do well, though it may make things too white.

E-30 @ -30 C, sigh....

Cheers, Don
    Don Kondra - Furniture Designer/Maker
    Product Photography

Olympus E-3 ~ E-30
    ZD 50 ~ 7-14 ~ 14-35 ~ 14-54 ~ 12-60 ~ 35-100 ~ 50-200 ~ EC 20
    Velbon tripod/ball head
    Slik tripod/Jobu Jr 2 Gimbal

Quote Originally Posted by Don Kondra View Post
    E-30 @ -30 C, sigh....

Cheers, Don
    /snickers

Didn't know you got an E-30 Don, how're you liking it so far?
    And two pics... from my phone, actually.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    E-510
    E-1
    Zuiko 14-54 F2.8-3.5 MkI
    Zuiko 70-300 F4.0-5.6
    Konica Hexanon 52mm F1.8
    Cullmann 2503
    Benro KS-0

Quote Originally Posted by jekostas View Post
    /snickers

Didn't know you got an E-30 Don, how're you liking it so far?
    Just barely unwrapped it, little early to say

First impressions

Lots of features to explore, top and back display, two control wheels, level gauge, four bracketed exposure shots, fine tune lens auto focus, swivel screen, etc...

Geez, back to studying the manual again

Had to sell the Bigma to afford it but.... I miss it already but wasn't using it as much as I had hoped to. Family stuff and work is keeping me pretty close to home for the next while..

Not sure how to comment on your upgrade to a camera phone, he, he...

Cheers, Don
    Don Kondra - Furniture Designer/Maker
    Product Photography

Olympus E-3 ~ E-30
    ZD 50 ~ 7-14 ~ 14-35 ~ 14-54 ~ 12-60 ~ 35-100 ~ 50-200 ~ EC 20
    Velbon tripod/ball head
    Slik tripod/Jobu Jr 2 Gimbal

Don, I hoped you turn gradation from "auto" to normal!

I like the 1st jekostas. Reminds me of something I might do.

First thing I did after setting the clock

And changing everything else to off, I prefer to shoot in raw....

Cheers, Don