Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 68 of 183 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast
    dtk: Should be in your manual, if you can't find it, open up your camera's menu system, and it should be under the last heading on the left hand side. It takes 30 seconds, max

raven: Like the second two, don't like the tower being cut off in the first. The girl is very well photographed, though.

Just a few today. Would love to get out and shoot more but ankle is being very, very bad. One little babushka bunny getting medicine, and further explorations in black and white.

I think my E-510 is getting lonely...
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    E-510
    E-1
    Zuiko 14-54 F2.8-3.5 MkI
    Zuiko 70-300 F4.0-5.6
    Konica Hexanon 52mm F1.8
    Cullmann 2503
    Benro KS-0

Here's a couple using the 70-300 lens dtk. The first is from the Dega race this past weekend and they were running about a 195mph when I took it. The second is looking out from my 8th floor balcony at the Embassy Suites towards the Vulcan Statue. If anyone is familiar with Birmingham they know about how far that is. Needless to say when both pics were taken, alcohol had been consumed so there's no telling how good they COULD have looked. I THINK there are a couple more from the same lens on page 65 of this thread and I put one in the Digital SLR chat today under the "Atlanta, Ga" thread..........
    I don't make mistakes.....I have happy little accidents. (Bob Ross)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/builder24car/

@jekostas: Thanks. I did the pixel mapping. I "think" it worked, but after about two seconds the screen went black and there was no indication if it worked / failed. [I like the rabbit shot!]

@builder: thanks for sharing. I'm not very knowledgeable about NASCAR, but I'm stunned at how close 16 is drafting 24 there.

I finally got a small window of daylight to take the 70-300 out for the first time. I'll post a few in a bit. The first thing I noticed was that -- despite locking my [crappy] tripod tight as it could go -- I was shaking the hell out of that lens at 300 just by pressing the shutter. I guess I now know why people spend good money on tripods.

Yes they drive like my wife... good job she doesn't read this forum!
    I relate to the tripod situation, I suffer the same with my 70-300.
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

I'm looking into getting the RC-6 remote control for $10 to avoid the camera shake. It's unfortunate that the IR sensor is only on the front of the camera, but I'm sure it's manageable.

I had intended to post something from my first batch of 70-300 pix, but they were mostly worthless.

I would suggest an offshore solution, either the wired or wireless shutter release. With that you can trigger the camera from anywhere..

http://www.gadgetinfinity.com/home.php

Also keep in mind the x2 rule, if you are shooting at 200mm your speed should be above 1/400.

Cheers, Don
    Last edited by Don Kondra; 11-08-2009 at 10:20 AM.
    Don Kondra - Furniture Designer/Maker
    Product Photography

Olympus E-3 ~ E-30
    ZD 50 ~ 7-14 ~ 14-35 ~ 14-54 ~ 12-60 ~ 35-100 ~ 50-200 ~ EC 20
    Velbon tripod/ball head
    Slik tripod/Jobu Jr 2 Gimbal

Thanks for the reminder, Don. I did some handheld yesterday with the 70-300 and had to push the ISO a bit to get fast enough shutter speeds. I'll post some soon.

As for the shutter release, my understanding is that the E500 does not have the capacity for a wired release, so I went with the wireless. Again, to my understanding, it's a "line of sight" thing, so you [or your hand] actually needs to be somewhat in front of the camera to operate it. Less than ideal, to be sure.

I thought that this thread could use some Fall color. The leaves are never as nice here in Atlanta as they are farther north. Still, I went out to find some with my 70-300 last week. Really liked the backit ones best.

Quote Originally Posted by kgosden View Post
    I thought that this thread could use some Fall color. The leaves are never as nice here in Atlanta as they are farther north. Still, I went out to find some with my 70-300 last week. Really liked the backit ones best.
    Nice colors. My internet connection was just on a 4 day holiday .

Yay for buildings!