Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 67 of 183 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast
    Another one, from this summer. I had heard Olympus likes its blues, and this shot of my nephew would certainly back that up.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

DTK, the priest/monk/friar looks pretty well exposed. I kind of like the composition. But I wonder what it would be like if the tower was to the right of the statue so that the flood lit section was behind the lantern. It might appear to be lit from the lantern?

kgosden:

Thanks for the feedback. I like the idea of creating the illusion that the lantern is being lit by the tower.

Due to the pretty heavy trees all around, I didn't have many options to play around with, perspective-wise.

Oh, and my 70-300 did arrive this evening. Not only was it too late [dark] to do very much with it, but the moment I turned my camera on, the low battery indicator came on.

Guess I wasn't meant to take it out for a spin today. I did take some kind of satisfaction out of reorganizing my camera bag to accommodate it, though.

: ^ D

Darrell

Very nice shot dtk, welcome aboard! I'm loving my lens and I think you will as well.
    I don't make mistakes.....I have happy little accidents. (Bob Ross)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/builder24car/

Quote Originally Posted by dtk View Post
    kgosden:

Thanks for the feedback. I like the idea of creating the illusion that the lantern is being lit by the tower.

Due to the pretty heavy trees all around, I didn't have many options to play around with, perspective-wise.
    I actually like the shot as is. The composition and lighting are nice, and the whole "lantern lighting the whole thing" seems a little cliched to me.

As it is, you look like you've got some hot pixels on your sensor - try pixel mapping them out (should be in the last heading option in your menu).
    E-510
    E-1
    Zuiko 14-54 F2.8-3.5 MkI
    Zuiko 70-300 F4.0-5.6
    Konica Hexanon 52mm F1.8
    Cullmann 2503
    Benro KS-0

I like the color, JFOPie.

Quote Originally Posted by dtk View Post
    Another one, from this summer. I had heard Olympus likes its blues, and this shot of my nephew would certainly back that up.
    I like it a lot.

[I read this entire thread in the past 24 hours]
    Crazy! Did my shots get better or worse as time progressed?

This thread is really a small miracle of talented, generous and insightful people
    I believed you until I saw this .

Quote Originally Posted by jekostas View Post
    As it is, you look like you've got some hot pixels on your sensor - try pixel mapping them out (should be in the last heading option in your menu).
    Choke... care to show where/what you mean?

Don
    Don Kondra - Furniture Designer/Maker
    Product Photography

Olympus E-3 ~ E-30
    ZD 50 ~ 7-14 ~ 14-35 ~ 14-54 ~ 12-60 ~ 35-100 ~ 50-200 ~ EC 20
    Velbon tripod/ball head
    Slik tripod/Jobu Jr 2 Gimbal

Quote Originally Posted by Don Kondra View Post
    Choke... care to show where/what you mean?

Don
    Erm, which one? The hot pixels or how to get rid of them?

Check the lower part of the picture in among the bushes - there are a few stuck red and blues in there that stand out because of the resizing.

For pixel mapping, all Olympus dSLRs have the option - should be in the menu, under the second "wrench" heading.
    E-510
    E-1
    Zuiko 14-54 F2.8-3.5 MkI
    Zuiko 70-300 F4.0-5.6
    Konica Hexanon 52mm F1.8
    Cullmann 2503
    Benro KS-0

Three random ones from the last little while. As usual, no reason to suspect they are the best, just in the top half. Well, maybe top 10%.

All with E-620. The Mongolian girl is with the 14-54 "wide open," the other two the 25mm pancake at I don't know what aperture.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

@ builder: Thanks. I'm really curious to see your shots considering we are using exactly the same gear [E500 kit + 70-300].

@ jekostas: thanks for the feedback. I had noticed the hot pixels, too, but wasn't sure what to do about it. I'm going to give that a go later.

@raven15: Yes, I literally went through the entire thread in about 24 hours. I'm really trying to push myself to another level, and the photos / thoughtful commentaries from this small group of dedicated 4/3ers was exactly what I needed. Another great thing is that there are many different styles among these few people -- landscape, portraiture, macro, studio, etc. -- so I'm getting a taste of everything. I especially like your "street photography" from China. You often have interesting perspectives and always strong compositions.