Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 40 of 183 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast
    Greetings,

Imagine this, the grouse is on one side of a willow bush, the dog is on the other side about ten feet closer to me and there is a squirrel running across the driveway on the far side of the bush.

Nobody notices the others

Rushed to set up and got one shot before he turned his back to me...

Missed the focus by this much, sigh....

Name:  Hawk on ground.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  375.3 KB

Cheers, Don
    Last edited by Don Kondra; 05-03-2009 at 12:26 PM.
    Don Kondra - Furniture Designer/Maker
    Product Photography

Olympus E-3 ~ E-30
    ZD 50 ~ 7-14 ~ 14-35 ~ 14-54 ~ 12-60 ~ 35-100 ~ 50-200 ~ EC 20
    Velbon tripod/ball head
    Slik tripod/Jobu Jr 2 Gimbal

Greetings,

Tonight's moon, no resizing, just cropped from raw...

50-200mm + ec 14

Name:  Full Moon.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  212.5 KB

Cheers, Don
    Don Kondra - Furniture Designer/Maker
    Product Photography

Olympus E-3 ~ E-30
    ZD 50 ~ 7-14 ~ 14-35 ~ 14-54 ~ 12-60 ~ 35-100 ~ 50-200 ~ EC 20
    Velbon tripod/ball head
    Slik tripod/Jobu Jr 2 Gimbal

Excellent moon shot, Don. Much better than I have ever gotten. I haven't used my camera much recently because it sucks not having autofocus, not to mention being unable to change the shutter speed or aperture. But here's a few I took, all MF at f/5.6 and 1/500s, varying ISO's. All with the 40-150mm lens.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Raven, I really like the first one. But the last one cracks me up. I immediately thought it might be a new Cirque de Soliel troupe readying for Vegas.

Thanks. Yeah, the last one is ok. I have always tried to get a good shoot of these guys in bright orange jackets with their stick brooms. They are all over China, but I haven't really gotten a good shot. That one would be the best, except I was shooting from a moving vehicle and manual focus was too slow, so it is on the back sweepers, not the front guy. Looking now, it wasn't improved by my halfass attempts at sharpening.

OK, this thread needs some action, but I'm running out of shots. This is an old one from my last batch that I finally got around to processing. Currently I am taking pictures with a Canon A610 which actually does alright, but I miss the extra reach of my lenses, the ability to easily control aperture, the ability to use ISO's above 100, and the viewfinder. What I like better about the A610 is the unobtrusive size and the flippy LCD.

Okay, Raven I will keep it going. Here are a pair of photos of Chihuly's 'The Sun' at the Arizona Desert Botanical Gardens. These were taken about 5 months apart. The first was at night in December with my E510 ISO 200 and a quick shadow/highlight adjustment in PS. The second was taken with my E520 in the late afternoon. It is a handheld 3 exposure HDRI with the sun behind 'The Sun'.

They are amaizing shots Kgosden how is it lit?
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

Haven't posted a shot here for a while. Took this with the 14-42 kit lens trying to see how it does for macro. No PP just a slight crop to show how it did.
    Name:  ButterflyRhodo7.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  320.0 KB
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

Phil,
    The first shot was during the Christmas night events. They had spots on this and most of the displayed glass. One of the Chihuly sculptures was actually neon and glass. That one proved too difficult to capture without a tripod and more patience. The second shot was just normal daylight about 6PM. The sun in that shot was directly behind the sculpture. I took 3 shots with AE bracketing handheld at +/-1 from a +.3 EV starting point. Then used Dynamic Photo HDR from Media Chance to combine them. Still did not capture what I wanted so I may have to tweak the HDR a bit more.

BTW, I like the moth shot. You got the key eyes and antenna in focus. Tough with what looks to be 1/2 inch of DOF.