Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 162 of 180 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 1792
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooz View Post
    a sweet little kiss from an sb28
    Wow, that is a great purple color brought out by the flash. Goes nice with the background.

thanks raven. thats not the actual colour of the flower. its oversaturated cos its underexposed by a stop. not what I saw but I like it better like that. lol
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

Rooz,

I see you are enjoying playing with those filters. Everyone thought Olympus was nuts when they introduced the in camera filter idea, but it certainly can be interesting to see a scene differently while there. Nice that in RAW+jpg you get both versions since most of the filters are easily mimicked in post with more control if needed. Of course, smartphone apps have run with the filter concept.

The fisheye and buildings with non-rectangular shapes are an interesting interplay. Hard to to tell in some shots it is even a fisheye effect. Cannot image using a fisheye on a Gehry building, it probably becomes all straight lines:-)

Not the best focus, but I liked that the two on opposite sides of the flower looked as though they were playing 'mirror image fake out' with each other.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Out in the kayak with the E5 & 70-300. Not my best long lens, but easy to handle on the water. Watched this heron for around 20 minutes when he caught a good sized fish. He walked to shore to swallow it most likely so the fish couldn't get away if dropped.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Any thoughts on the many Olympus new camera rumours recently?
    http://www.43rumors.com/
    I think this looks really good, better than the earlier leaked video and images on Engadget.
    Hope it's affordable!!!
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

Phil,

I still have not been able to convince myself that I can live with an EVF instead of an OVF. The new 12-40 zoom looks promising, but that is really only the first lens I think I would actually covet in the native micro format. Not that the others are terrible, but I really like my full 4/3rds glass. have tried out some of it on my wife's E-PM1, granted not the best size for the 50-200, it worked, but the camera/lens handling was ackward at best.

I will see how I feel in 3 weeks. I just rented the VF4 and m4/3 9-18, to use on the E-PM1 as my primary camera while we spend 10 days in Italy. I am not thrilled with the camera low end control layout, but will try not to let that color my judgment. At least the super control panel layout is standard Olympus. I will have my XZ-2 along as well, that camera is a joy to handle as point and shoots go. It can share the VF4, although I have a VF3 for it.
    Last edited by kgosden; 08-25-2013 at 04:22 PM.

That will be an interesting trial. The rumours are that the EM-1 has the same EVF as the VF4. For me the drive has been sparked by a recent Olympus event I attended at a Circus (see people thread in the gallery for images). There were lots of EM5s around and their owners were getting brilliant shots in lighting I could only dream off. I rarely venture above iso 800 but they were shooting at iso 5000 with no problem!!! I like the small form of the EM5 but would really like to have good af with my current lenses, hence hankering after the EM1. Just hope it's not to expensive
    Last edited by Phill D; 08-25-2013 at 01:56 PM.

Well, the leaked pricing looks sky high: Body only = $1500, EM-1 + 12-40 =~$2200, EM-1 + 12-50 =~$1800.

Boo hoo now I'm depressed - hate to think what the UK prices will be