Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 141 of 181 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1806
    Raven,

I like 2, 3 and 5 the best. I like the old versus new contrast in the subject in #2. 3 is so abstract it took me a minute tfigure out I was really looking down on houses. 5 is just great colors and just enough features to be interesting. I also like the typical street scene nature of the first one.

That's great colour raven and a nice series of shots. What are the guys doing in number 2 (image 3) it looks like they are tossing grain?
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

Correct... sorting the wheat from the chaff, or winnowing. Basically they throw it in the air, and the desirable grains fall down, while the wind blows the husk and other parts away. I takes special weather for it to happen, since it must first dry, then have a sunny windy day before it gets cold.

Sitting at home and noticed our local red shouldered hawk hanging around the trees. I watched him scope out the yard for an hour or so. He eventually focused on the 2 day old road kill squirrel. He let me zoom with my feet until I was about 10-15 feet away. He would have stayed if a car did not drive by. At least he cleaned up the street.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Well, I have been looking at bidding on the rare Bigma 50-500 that shows up on ebay for Olympus, but can't quite get my self to spend over $800 on one sight unseen. In the meantime I came across a good deal on a used EC-20 from one of the lens rental places I have done business with. At $250 the price it was a good deal. I had tested both it and the EC-14 this past Summer in Alaska both worked well with the Olympus 50-200. It is a bit slow at f7.1, but in decent light the 800mm equivalent is nice.

A bit cold to stand around outside this weekend waiting on my feeder to attract models. I settled for shooting through my dirty double pane windows. This fellow was about 8 feet away in the holly.

Quote Originally Posted by kgosden View Post
    Sitting at home and noticed our local red shouldered hawk hanging around the trees. I watched him scope out the yard for an hour or so. He eventually focused on the 2 day old road kill squirrel. He let me zoom with my feet until I was about 10-15 feet away. He would have stayed if a car did not drive by. At least he cleaned up the street.
    Wow, Brutal! (to quote a Nintendo game). That is a great shot of (sharp, well focused) savage glory.

Was the hawk with the EC-20 too?
    Quote Originally Posted by kgosden View Post
    Well, I have been looking at bidding on the rare Bigma 50-500 that shows up on ebay for Olympus, but can't quite get my self to spend over $800 on one sight unseen. In the meantime I came across a good deal on a used EC-20 from one of the lens rental places I have done business with. At $250 the price it was a good deal. I had tested both it and the EC-14 this past Summer in Alaska both worked well with the Olympus 50-200. It is a bit slow at f7.1, but in decent light the 800mm equivalent is nice.

A bit cold to stand around outside this weekend waiting on my feeder to attract models. I settled for shooting through my dirty double pane windows. This fellow was about 8 feet away in the holly.

Raven,

No, I did not yet have the EC-20 until this past Wednesday. The hawk was just not very concerned about me with a free meal in front of him. I had been stalking him while he was in trees eyeing the prize for an hour. I think he just adjusted to me being there. I was within 15 feet of him for the last few shots, he was on one side of our mailbox and I was on the other. I only cropped the original shot shown here a little.

The crop was definitely a good choice. it also seems sharper and more contrasty.

I'd go with that too, crop is definitely better.

I posted an old shot I'd taken on another forum recently and someone was kind enough to have a go at B&W pp for me. What do you guys think?
    Name:  20090813_01325_E-510 - moody eagle.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  176.4 KB
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them