Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 138 of 183 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1825
    I was trying the "view upside down" method to try and select the ones with better compositions for posting, and I have to say it resulted in different choices than what I would have chosen right side up. Whether or not that means better I don't know.

The mountain reflection is nice, but I like the first one better.

I wake up before dawn, hike an hour, cross a swamp to stand on an unstable beaver dam in freezing temperatures to get a reflection, and kgosden prefers the unplanned snapshot...

Hey, that is just further proof that I am not a morning person. Well, I am if staying up until morning counts

This old shot was properly exposed for the deer, meaning the snow was almost entirely blown out. So I decided about ten minutes ago, "might as well erase the dirty speckles too."

Name:  P8137606s.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  43.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by kgosden View Post
    Hey, that is just further proof that I am not a morning person. Well, I am if staying up until morning counts
    I love getting up early, but I hate going to sleep early.

Raven,

The deer photo is interesting with the white background it looks like a catalog image. Nice pose too. Were you looking down from a deck or ridge?

We surprised it coming over a ridge.

Out this weekend searching for waterfalls in western NC. The leaves were not their best in the valleys. I have been less than thrilled with the auto-color balance the E5 has been choosing in mixed shade. I guess it is time to jump into the RAW files, but I am dreading the learning curve for Lightroom. This was on the way upstream to Rainbow Falls in Gorges State Park. Took a little selective retoning to get the rocks right.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That shot has potential as an HDR I'd say. I also have a problem with cool colors in mixed lighting. For some reason my E-410 gived colors even cooler than sunlight in some situations, can't imagine why that would ever happen. I've been using Olympus software to redevelop the raw files though, I never managed to get colors I liked with Adobe.