Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 134 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1785
    Quote Originally Posted by Phill D View Post
    Raven they are stunning shots some of the best you've posted. Lots of framers there.
    Thanks. That good huh? Which do you think are framers? All I have is a growing picture collection, I don't know which I'll frame whenever I actually print. I'm not a good judge.

One that didn't go to the landscape thread:
    Name:  P7104942m.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  336.9 KB

Raven I like 2, 3, 4, & 6 best. But what you frame is up to you and particularly where you'd put it.
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

Thanks. I don't know what I would print eventually, I might choose according to a theme that has nothing to do with good pictures. Either way, it takes me a year to choose objectively. In any case right now I am missing a few things that people who frame pictures usually have, like a house.

I also like the one with the stream and the cows, but I feel the E-410 did not handle the dynamic range as well as the E-620 would have. I tried to take several for an HDR, but haven't tried putting it together yet.

Raven,

I like the latest posts. You really should invest in a decent ND grad and filter holder. It sure will beat that screw on. That said I did drag mine along on the trip to Alaska and rarely broke it out. The trip was setup for potential photo ops, but I failed to leave enough time in the schedule to really stop and take my time. Having my wife along always makes me feel the need to stick to a snap and go style. I am hoping that the 5 shot bracketing on the E-5 will save a few difficult shots.

With a few typically overcast days I decided to play with the Dramatic Tone filter in the E-5. I certainly can be dramatic. This was a rather dull scene in Denali.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Try something new that can give more effects including the latest one. If you get any, share with us.

It's dramatic alright kg but I'm not sure I like it. The colours don't sit quite right for me somehow sorry.
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

Phill, I agree on the colours (spelling for your ease of reading). I mainly like how the filter can remake a boring, overcast sky. I used it several times on those days. Now to wade through my 160 GB or so of trip photos. Really not so many when using Raw+jpeg most of the time and burst. Still going to take a while. Denali showed itself on our final day as we drove south from the park. It clouded up again when we took a flight seeing trip in the afternoon. So here is one from the ground and one from above.

How did you get all the way up there?
    Sony A33 | Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 II EX DG APO Macro HSM | Sony 30mm f/2.8 DT AF Macro | Tamron SP AF 28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di LD

Flickr

We were in a Cessna 185 from K2 Aviation. It sure beats walking.

Driving to Chitna, Alaska.