Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 130 of 183 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1825
    Parent and chick formal portrait. Loved the color in the evening light on the parent.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That's a lovely shot kg they are almost posing for you.
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

Oh that monopod did wonders, the first photo is 100% more clear then the others. I really like this shot especially with the on the left with its beak open.

The second with the parent bird looks great too, look at their eyes, you can definitely see the different demeanor in them.
    Last edited by Switchblade906; 05-10-2011 at 05:57 AM.

Thanks guys. The monopod helped, but I also had much more time to manually focus, shoot, review, and correct. I bumped the ISO to balance DOF and shutter speed. I find that youu cannot shot birds much below 1/200 or their movements will make focus appear soft. I hope to get a few more this week when I can break away from the office. Only saw the parent this morning. They tend to stay nearby at 10-25 feet up. Red shouldered hawks hunt a lot of ground critters like snakes and frogs. I have watched them drop down a few this past week.

I also prefer that 1st one. The bokeh seems fine from here!

Y'all are stuck with my hawk theme until I lose my willing subjects. Of course, I am burning up the E-5 shutter...

Psst, wanna know a secret?

That's ok I like the birds!
    Sony A33 | Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 II EX DG APO Macro HSM | Sony 30mm f/2.8 DT AF Macro | Tamron SP AF 28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di LD

Flickr

No hawks today. I just did not have time to drive across town. Hope to get a few shots in tomorrow or Tuesday if they are still hanging around. Anyway i was grabbing some shots of our hydrangea and this little red ant found his way into the photo.

That is a great shot. The contrasting blue and yellow flowers, the contrasting smooth scene with sharp and, and the contrasting sharp and out of focus parts of the image are well done.

Raven, it was mostly luck, a moving ant, a slight breeze and a quick burst of frames. I was just trying to get the key elements of the blue flower in focus against the yellow ones when the ant crawled in without asking. But I will take luck or serendipity when it works in my favor. I find I like to use a burst of frames when doing macro shots without a tripod. Between breezes and contorting myself into unstable positions a quick 5-6 frames will often yield one where the focus was roughly what I was tying for.