Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 124 of 183 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1825
    You got a 35mm macro? Nice! as you can see it is a great lens. It's spring here too, you can tell because it is alternating rain, sleet, and snow for the next three months, instead of alternating sun and snow.

Yes raven it was your recommendation that swung it so I had a shot at one on ebay and won it at almost half new price. When it arrived it looked unused and in mint condition with a UV filter attached. As you probably guessed I was pretty pleased and from what I've seen so far it works pretty darn well. These little leaves were fairly small at about 2cm long so that shot is quite an enlargement. Haven't quite got the hang of the ratios yet it seems to pick its own macro setting as it focusses depending on how far the lens is from the subject. To get to 1:1 subjects are very close to the glass. Have I got this right? Also on the E510 I can turn the focus ring and change the macro ratio manually but on the E620 turning the focus ring does nothing - have I got a setting wrong somewhere?
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

Quote Originally Posted by Phill D View Post
    To get to 1:1 subjects are very close to the glass. Have I got this right?
    Yup, it has to be about on top of whatever you are shooting to get 1:1 macro. I have to admit I haven't used the macro that much, it has been more focal length fill for me, but still a great lens.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill D View Post
    Also on the E510 I can turn the focus ring and change the macro ratio manually but on the E620 turning the focus ring does nothing - have I got a setting wrong somewhere?
    Probably you need to set autofocus to [S-AF + MF] or [MF] on the control panel of the E-620.

Congratulations on the great price!
    Last edited by raven15; 03-20-2011 at 04:42 PM.

Dogwoods

The cherry trees are quickly fading here in Atlanta. The first dogwoods are popping open. It has been a little too windy to be able to actually compose a shot for more than a second or two.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Nice shot. What lens, 50mm macro?

Two from Inner Mongolia, should have been posted months ago. The top one has a split ND across the top, the two little goats acted just like puppies. In fact, the camel was pretty friendly too, a trait typical of Mongolian animals I guess.

Thanks raven [S-AF + MF] did the trick. Works fine now.
    Cute goats.
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

Raven,

Like those white goats.

The dogwood was actually with the 70-300. A lot of the flowering trees are too tall to get close to at a good angle.

Latest and greatest from E-410 + pancake lens:

A few new ones!

35mm macro at work

Name:  P4036192s.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  250.5 KB

more conventional (maybe the looser crop was better?)

Name:  P4036239s.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  186.9 KB

It's a good thing there was ice on the puddle or that 35mm macro would have been swimming.

Name:  P4046329s.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  140.8 KB

I don't know, but I just liked it for some reason

Name:  P4046291s.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  120.3 KB

Raven,

Considering the stories about your previous cameras and lenses maybe you should get a better bag instead of that tripod I like the glass like quality of the water in that second shot. The composition works in a weird way too.