Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 121 of 183 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1825
    Quote Originally Posted by Phill D View Post
    Considering what you did to get it Raven that's not a bad abstract. Thank goodness you had good hold of the strap. Number 3 is my favourite of the second set, it would make a nice pano crop too. Where did you take these? are you still travelling the world or have you settled in one place now?
    I was specifically there to get the moon rise, but my battery died after the first one, so I had a lot more while I was waiting around. These are all in Nevada, I haven't settled, but not traveling at the moment.

A few more since someone needs to put something here. I've been looking through my old pictures lately so I can sort them and apply my most recent processing, deleting a few thousand and eliminating even more duplicates in the process. Many are astoundingly bad, but I've found quite a few I like that I didn't think about earlier.

However, these are all-new.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Raven,

I like the first one just because it is different. Great color in the Stray Dog neon. You know if you had a tripod that 'Stray Dog' shot might have been a good HDR scene Actually I might have considered taking two shots with a polarizer so I could work on the window reflections a bit as I wonder what it would do to have the glass less reflective.
    Last edited by kgosden; 02-03-2011 at 10:18 PM.

I was using the 25mm pancake lens, and my only polarizer is 72mm, so usually I don't use it with the pancake lens because it looks ridiculous. Actually I kind of like the look, people are like "what kind of cameras is that?"

I was wondering who would break the posters block. Well done Raven. I've done nothing of note lately so I'm afraid it wasn't going to be me this time. Really nice weather - too much work, finally a break so we get wind and rain
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

Tumbleweeds, cobwebs and frogs???

Back to the Atlanta Botanical Gardens for the orchids. But a fun side event is always trying to find the free roaming poison dart frogs in the Fuqua conservatory tropical rotunda. These critters are all about 1/2 inch long. Tough to catch in bad light leaning over a railing.

Some color to wake the place up

A bit of color

I like the frog, though I'd prefer the focus a little forward on the eyes.

Raven,

I agree about the focus, but handheld with the 70-300 from about 4 feet away in low light there is almost no DOF. I just burst mode it and hope that one has focus on the frog. These critters are barely 1/2 inch long.

I'm a sucker for old Ferraris even if they are photos from my old E-500.