Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 115 of 179 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1784
    I was going to wait and post this in the Ireland section when I got around to it, but I like it and was just looking at it. It took a surprisingly small amount of PP to get here, even less than "standard." The Irish call this a "bog" and were amused I was so excited to see one.

Expect more from Mongolia next though.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Would you believe flickr no longer lets me insert photos so I can have comments directly above each photo? So much for flickr...

A few more from Mongolia, in order:
    1 horse corral
    2 making milk candy
    3 making a new ger (whole one seen in background)
    4 making milk tea
    5 aboard the SuHbataar
    6 racers in the distance
    7 racers a few minutes later
    8 Bringing a horse to water
    9 Old horse
    10 Into the distance

I spent some time on these with a good (uncalibrated) monitor, so I am more certain they are a better selection than the last ones. One more round of ten to follow.
    Last edited by raven15; 11-29-2010 at 10:01 AM.

Raven I'm not sure your descriptions match the images quite near the end. Nice insight into a land I'm probably never going to see myself.
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

Raven talking about PP I'd be interested on the camera settings and PP you settled on for your E620 because in a what should I get for Christmas moment last night I jumped on one off ebay. I was intending to wait to see what Oly brought out as the replacement in the New Year but the price was just too tempting. Hope they don't make me regret it.
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

Oops, I changed the pictures at the last minute, I thought I had fixed that though. Fixed now.

I never really settled on a PP method. Right now I have A-2, G-1 for the white balance, I think that is most important, along with setting gradation to normal unless you have a good reason to use auto. After that just dial in sharpness, contrast, and saturation to your tastes. For the last 2 days, since seeing these on a good monitor for once, I'm using saturation +1, sharpness -1, contrast -2. Then I have an automated 6-stage sharpening/ micro contrast routine, followed by autocontrast and/or some form of making the blacks blacker, like levels or curves in Photoshop.

Those pics are great Raven, thanks for sharing them. I still love the one you posted on the container ship, that was awesome!
    I don't make mistakes.....I have happy little accidents. (Bob Ross)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/builder24car/

Raven,

Like the last landscape and the girl making tea the best. Did you consider pulling her up out of the shadows a little? Not sure I would bring the background up too so that might be more PP than you care for...

A pair of 'peckers

Lots of visitors to the backyard since we are having a cold wave (Atlanta style so no comments from the northern crew). Temp barely got above freezing today so the birds were hungry. Had a huge red tailed hawk who managed to hide from my camera most of the morning. I did get a few shots of a pileated woodpecker. Never sat still long and always managed to make me shot against the sky so it was tough to get a decent exposure. If you have never seen one they are incredible to watch go at a tree. At a foot and a half tall they are the king of woodpeckers.

Our little hairy (or downy they look similar) woodpecker was active today as well.

Christmas

My Christmas Tree
    Last edited by medic24; 12-09-2010 at 04:22 PM.

Medic24,

Welcome. From the 10 second exposure data I guess you already own a tripod for that E-420.