Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 180 of 183 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 1825
    Thanks Kg sorry I missed your reply before. I went for a m 4/3s 75-300 mk2 and I'd say it's a nice lens that I got for a bargain price too. It focusses much better than the old 70-300 and no real hunting. Compared to the 50-200 it's feather light! and I don't think the IQ is far off either although I do know someone else whose getting some lovely long shots with his 50-200. The bird of prey shots I posted recently were taken with the 75-300. Mind you the old 70-300 4/3s lens was a pretty good macro lens too just to add another perspective. Nice little flower by the way.
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

Glad I decided to toss the E-M1 and 50-200 into the car this morning. Driving back from a customer meeting I spied this big osprey in a tree above a small inlet along the river. Really wish I had the EC-20 as well. After waiting about 15 minutes it started to rain, thank you Olympus weather sealing, and he made the dive into the water. Too many trees in the background when he reached speed to keep focus. Couldn't tell if he caught something when he surfaced.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Well spotted and captured, I've never seen one myself.

Hi everyone! Not staying away on purpose. Well I am. You may recall I bought a house a few months ago. Then I decided to remodel the kitchen. So my time and money are shot. But, I do have a couple pics anyhow.

Name:  P7050623s.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  453.8 KB

Name:  P5240655s.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  494.1 KB

Name:  P6080003s.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  558.0 KB

Is that the view from your new house raven ? I'm very envious if it is.
    The star shot is pretty cool, must try one of those myself one day.

I will second the star shot.

Hot and humid today. That seemed to keep the bugs and critters a bit hidden. I did manage to catch a few goldfinches out for dinner.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks! Definitely not the view from my house. I think it would be nice to have a house in that part of the world, but it is so far away from anything it would be hard to live there, and hard to justify the cost.

I like sky shots too. I set the camera to take pictures until the battery runs out while I sleep (you lucky E-M1 users probably don't even need a rubber band to do that!). That way I can choose the best combination of star positions, cloud positions, and moon illumination from several hours of shots. Or, I can just make a star trail image. Even considering all those options it is hard to get anything good, I'd say only 1/4 of my attempts at night shots is at all worth it. Mostly I just delete the whole night. It is hard to previsualize astronomical things, especially with variable weather.
    Last edited by raven15; 07-28-2014 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kgosden View Post
    Hot and humid today. That seemed to keep the bugs and critters a bit hidden. I did manage to catch a few goldfinches out for dinner.
    That is a really nice one. One of your best. Very sharp, creamy green background, catchlight in the eye, nice composition, and I really like the yellow.

Here's a shot of Belper's East Mill last night. Decided to try out the Dramatic Tone filter - I quite like the effect it's created.

Name:  P7288716.JPG
Views: 21
Size:  315.2 KB