Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 179 of 183 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 1824
    Nice heron reflection. I thought you did have the 50-200mm?
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

I do have the 50-200, just not with me when I was out the other day.

Ah I miss read your post.

Must be time to take down some of the dead trees in my backyard (really just a jumble of woods). We are having a bumper crop of resident woodpeckers this Spring. At least one pair of red headed woodpeckers have stayed all Winter and are digging out new nesting holes. They keep chasing the red bellied woodpeckers out of the yard. In a different dead tree I now have a new nest started by some yellow shafted flickers. Strange thing is there are 2 females and one male; not sure which one is actually building the nest since they are pretty far up and hard to tell apart. I did break out the Bigma and stick it on the E-M1. Autofocus actually works about as well as on the E-5. Too bad the tree they choose is tough to get a good angle on. The nest is about 45-50 feet up.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I almost prefer the small tropical frog exhibits over the flowers at the Botanical Gardens. This mimic poison frog is only about 3/4 inch long. Very colorful, but so small he is usually hiding when I visit. Tough shot through the glass. Substantially cropped to get rid of the glare as much as anything.

I have been really impressed with the E-M1 in a lot of different situations over the past few months of owning it. Every year we go to one of the big music festivals, well for traditional and Americana at least, MerleFest. I brought along the Em-1, 12-40 and the 4/3rds 50-200. One show is from midnight until 2:30am over Saturday night and is in a nice auditorium. Not really brightly lit, just some basic stage lighting. I took a lot of shots all at ISO 3200 and handheld with the 50-200. If you pixel peep there is noise and smudginess, but darn usable for 1/80 and f3.4. No pp on this other than resizing in Photoshop.

Yep it definitely looks like you've got the EM-1 is working well for you. Lovely colours and great low light performance.

Here's a couple of shots of Mow Cop Castle an old folly near where I grew up.

Name:  P4194722.JPG
Views: 31
Size:  343.2 KB

Name:  P4194758-001.JPG
Views: 30
Size:  105.7 KB

Phill,

Looks like a great spot to wait for some really dynamic clouds or just the right sun position. I imagine that they have to chase away kids wanting to play all the time (hmm, I might just be remembering kids before xBox and Gameboys...).

Out in the kayak this weekend and came across these small flowers, about 1/2 inch in size. Still have not determined what they are. Shot with the EM1 and 4/3rds 70-300. Trying to see if I will be happy taking this smaller combo on my next trip. The 50-200 is a bit too big for some trips, although it is a much nicer lens. Can't quite make myself buy one of the native m4/3rds x-300's knowing that the pro series telephoto zoom is coming in the next 6-12 months and will be pricey. So I am trying to live with my current glass.