Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 149 of 183 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 1824
    Cor you guys get to some nice places.
    Yes great hills on fire shot raven well spotted.
    Gosh just think how big that whale is under the water. Nice sharp shot, you seem to be pretty close even if you used the bigma. I presume you were on a boat kg?
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

Phill,

Distance is hard to judge on the water, but I would guess 1/4 mile. I didn't drag the Bigma along as I knew I would be hand holding most of the trip. So this was with the 50-200+EC20. We were on a 12 passenger boat, the Sea Wolf, for a week in Glacier Bay. Kayaking or hiking everyday. Unusually great weather for August so I never got to use my new EWA-Marine bag in the kayak; just took the E5 out naked.

Looking forward to the Alaska pictures.

My shot was not that far from my house, but it did take "a bit of a walk" (going British there) to get there. Really the shot was not that nice, I just happened to notice the sunset while up in the mountains, ran around for 10 minutes looking for my camera (actually it was my tent I couldn't find), and pointed it at the first thing in the foreground. The old E-410 strutting its stuff in spite of its age, with a lot of help from a 3 stop ND filter.

Our home for a week of kayaking and hiking in Glacier Bay. Still have another short whale watching trip before heading back to work. Not easy to manage the photos for reviewing, editing and posting on the road.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That looks like a pretty awesome place to be, impressive rock formation behind that ice. However, i can't help thinking the picture itself is a little blurry, from camera shake or kayak roll or something.

Raven,

That particular shot the ship is out of focus somewhat intentionally. I was using the 70-300 and focused on the kayak. Also, I have yet to edit any of these on a real PC with a decent screen. This was just a quick one from my tiny travel machine that I resized on yet a different system (Google Nexus 7 tablet).

That could help. Thank goodness you're not a freakin' Mac user .

Here is a slightly different view that I straightened and processed a bit in Photoshop. I did not notice the bald eagle on the ice in the shot until I was cropping it.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Absolutely stunning scenery. Really like the oof ice with the sharp boat and rocks. Plus a bald eagle woah!!! what's the chances of actually trying to shoot that combination...amaizing. It looks to be a magical place.
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

I think the best memory was one night at 1:30 in the morning watching meteors and listening tohumpback whales surfacing acros the bay.