Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 144 of 183 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1825
    Spring is cranking up big time here in Atlanta. A lot of the cherry trees have bloomed and the redbuds are going strong. It seems a bit early so maybe our pollen won't have a huge one day peak. The cedar waxwings are still all over the place. There is a small flock of 20-30 that keep eyeing our holly berries. One lone robin claims the bushes as its own even though it doesn't seem to eat the berries. The waxwings hangout in the nearby trees in a multi-hour standoff. I managed to get about 8 feet away while a dozen were in some privet. The birds are giving me a lot of practice with the EC-20+50-200 combo.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Dang it, you beat me to it. That is possibly the best bird shot you've posted yet, the front bird nice and sharp, with good colors and bokeh around. I might end up with that teleconverter after all. I was sure I was going to save money for Micro 4/3, but I don't see a lens like this or a teleconverter any time soon.

Actually take that first comment back. The one I was going to post seems fairly boring now.

Thanks Raven. Just so you know there was a little light post processing, auto-color balance in CS5 and light sharpening. It is a crop from a landscape orientation shot. I will say that the combo is easy to focus manually. However, in auto-focus at full extension the combo really needs good contrast. I keep my camera set to center spot most of the time. It can drift to not focusing on anything and basically rack all the way to closest focus position. That said the focus ring on the 50-200 does not require a lot of turns to get from there to infinity focus.

Lovely shot kg. You are definitely making that converter and lens combination work well.
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

An old one from Ireland... because I can.

Name:  2010PA184161s.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  287.3 KB

Raven,

You should have posted that shot last Saturday.

Good point, but I had several of the product in question plus a few related products and lost interest.

After just two days I am very happy that I bit the bullet on the bigma. This is from a few hundred yards away.

Kgosden, can't wait for you to get up close to one of those birds with that lens! I like the zoom range on the thing, very versatile.

A couple portraits from China (which properly should be in a micro 4/3 photo thread, think I should start one?). E-PM1 and 45mm f/1.8

Name:  P4111015s.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  226.7 KB

Name:  P4141103s.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  204.3 KB

Raven,

Considering how quiet the Olympus thread is I would just stick it out here. Great color with that E-PM1. I keep thinking about the new OM-D, but the E-5 is just a year old and the lenses are not there just yet to make me switch. I can hope that there is a new E series with the improved OM-D sensor, but I won't hold my breath.