Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 120 of 180 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1792
    The ice melted enough to get my car out of the garage. Headed to the botanical gardens for a touch of color. Atlanta has one of the largest orchid collections in the eastern US. I spent an hour wandering with just the 50mm macro. Really liked the color on this one.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Day at the beach

Nice orchid pic kgosden.
    And PhilD I love that sunrise pic! Results like that make it worth getting up!

We went to the beach last weekend... there was plenty of room to lay out a blanket
    MPT
    Olympus E-30; E-500
    12-60 f2.8-4.0, 50-200 f2.8-3.5

Doesn't look much different from my front yard in Atlanta this week. Of course mine might thaw before June...

Thanks MPT, and this time of year you don't even have to get up very early
    Bet you didn't have a dip in that water looks like its freezing up. I don't think I've ever been to the beach when there was snow on the ground.
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

Here's a good one: picture from my camera as it plunges off a 100-foot cliff. I had it propped on a fence post on the lens cap to get a good steady, level picture. About halfway through a long exposure (about the third exposure) for no apparent reason it lept off the cliff into the darkness below. Fortunately I had the camera by the strap so it harmlessly banged off the post a little. The lens cap, however, plunged to its doom. And this one is way more interesting than the non-falling one.

Here are some most recent ones (yesterday). *Ahem*. I used an actual, three legged tripod for two of them. Amazing. Sadly it's not mine.

Raven,

Nice to see that your newer camera is following in the footsteps of your previous Olys. A little falling a little sand and salt...

Considering what you did to get it Raven that's not a bad abstract. Thank goodness you had good hold of the strap. Number 3 is my favourite of the second set, it would make a nice pano crop too. Where did you take these? are you still travelling the world or have you settled in one place now?
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

That city scene makes me think of the images of nighttime bombing of Baghdad.

Quote Originally Posted by kgosden View Post
    Raven,

Nice to see that your newer camera is following in the footsteps of your previous Olys. A little falling a little sand and salt...
    So far only a little salt.