Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 93 of 179 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by raven15 View Post
    Funny you should mention that, just last week I did a polarizer test, guess which shot has the polarizer guess I need to use one more often:
    Yeah, that's a pretty severe difference. A good polarizer is something that goes on the 14-54MM every day that it's sunny out - makes a monster difference in terms of colour and reflections off of water and glass (unless that's what you're going for).
    E-510
    E-1
    Zuiko 14-54 F2.8-3.5 MkI
    Zuiko 70-300 F4.0-5.6
    Konica Hexanon 52mm F1.8
    Cullmann 2503
    Benro KS-0

Quote Originally Posted by kgosden View Post
    Raven,
    Is that some duck foot on the roof in the third picture?
    It is actually a broom, many brooms in China look like that especially for outdoor use (think a bundle of twigs like a witch would use to fly).

I was hoping it was an old style broom, but the scale relative to the roof tiles seemed to be too small for that. Although looking back it would also have to be a mother of a goose

I'm not sure how this one avoided being posted (or was it?)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Raven,

That is a classic lucky accident of timing. Now you need to stalk a McDonalds and wait for the TV to show Howdy Dowdy reruns for a shot of Clarabell.

Roswell Criterium

Pro cycling hit my town for our annual criterium this past weekend. Great racing by both the men and women. Great chance to play with panning and shutter speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by MPT View Post
    Hey everyone Long time lurker and Olympus user here. Figured I'd use this opportunity to say hi and to try bumping us all towards a new, narrower page

mark
    By the way, feel free to post a shot. That gets more attention.

Raven,

That is a classic lucky accident of timing. Now you need to stalk a McDonalds and wait for the TV to show Howdy Dowdy reruns for a shot of Clarabell.
    Actually there is a beggar around who looks like that too. Too bad for him he wasn't there, I'da made is day if he was in the shot too.

I like #1 best. I never thought much of panning until I tried it myself. Now I really appreciate it .

kgosden more good bike shots kgosden it looks like a fun event to shoot. I'll have to try panning sometime. I like number 2 best but I'd have cropped it like this. Hope you dont mind me playing.
    Name:  bike crop.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  113.9 KB
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

Phil,

Thanks for the compliments. The race is fun to shoot, but it is a tight course on narrow streets. Lots of trees make the lighting very dappled. It can be hard to get more than a few feet away from the course so except in corners, you are panning a moving object 8-12 feet away at +30mph. That tends to keep only a very small part of your subject in focus, but I like the effect. The crop is good and something I would likely do myself as the partial racer on the left is a little distracting. That was one of the few areas I could use the 40-150 to try and compress the field a bit.

Ken

That is a better crop on that picture. Well done originals, though.

Lookit what I found for $20
    E-510
    E-1
    Zuiko 14-54 F2.8-3.5 MkI
    Zuiko 70-300 F4.0-5.6
    Konica Hexanon 52mm F1.8
    Cullmann 2503
    Benro KS-0