Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 66 of 183 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jekostas View Post
    Frank and serious discussions about catching fish, apparently
    Appears underexposed to me.

And a wee little forest pathway
    I like this best.

I took this at the Martinsville race Sunday (10/25/09) using my new lens. I'm really enjoying playing with them. I took approx 63 shots of Jeff's car in turn three and this is what I was after!
    Great! For sure, I have never been disappointed with the results from the 70-300. How was metallica?

Smart shot builder - shame about the fence though.
    Ditto raven's question about metallica from me too.
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

Thanks ya'll! I feel the same way about the fence Phil. However I've learned to deal with it because it's all but impossible to get a decent shot without them being in the pic at a race. I actually had a few shots that the fence wasn't that visable, but the car didn't look right. I caught hell taking those pics because the track is both asphalt and concrete and depending on which area I was focusing on I had to keep changing my settings. I looked at it as a learning experience.

METALLICA..........OMG! It was nothing short of incredible!!!! This was my first time seeing them as I've been wanting to see them for years. They had two opening acts with the first being some band from France called "Gojira". They were ok. The second band was "Lamb of God" and they were much better. METALLICA came on about 9:15 and played nonstop til approx 11:45. The stage show was outstanding as was the light show. They played a LOT of their old stuff. I'd say about 80% was old and the rest new. I had great seats and aisle seats to boot. The show was so good I didn't mind paying 8.00 a beer for all of the ones I drank. The pic below is from my point and shoot that I managed to sneak in. It plainly said no cameras/videos and they were actually searching some people. I have a few more on my Flickr page. If you like good heavy metal and ever get the chance by all means go see METALLICA, you won't be disappointed!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I don't make mistakes.....I have happy little accidents. (Bob Ross)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/builder24car/

Pretty cool shots there, looks like it was a great concert.
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

I didn't see them when they passed near where I live. My friend did and said they were awesome. He keeps track of things like this, and says Metallica is one of the only bands that can deliver stunning shows every single time.

Good to see you enjoying the lens, builder, and that's a pretty good shot, considering the distance and lighting.

The 70-300MM is a pretty good lens, and on the 4/3s crop sensor, is a very strong telephoto lens, especially for the price.
    E-510
    E-1
    Zuiko 14-54 F2.8-3.5 MkI
    Zuiko 70-300 F4.0-5.6
    Konica Hexanon 52mm F1.8
    Cullmann 2503
    Benro KS-0

It turns out my E-410 still takes pictures. In fact, I sorta like it, it's nice and small. I'm thinking about using it as my "take everywhere camera," for when I don't want the hassle of lugging around the monstrous E-620.

I also discovered I like the 25mm pancake lens. This discovery came about when I noticed the only pictures I liked with it had been taken at f/5.6. Henceforth, I'm only using the pancake at f/5.6. But at least I'll like doing it.

My Favorite Donkey

And now for something completely different...

Hi -

Not my normal cup of tea, but the light was simply too nice to ignore...

E30, 35mm macro lens, 1/80@f3.5, ISO 320. Handheld.

Post-processed in Lightroom to bring out the colors some and darken the stem, as well as resize to smaller size. Original was shot RAW.

JohnF

Thought I'd jump in here and introduce myself.

Just bought into the E system in March with the E500 kit -- my first DSLR. I've been shooting with the kit lenses and really trying to elevate myself from amateur status by studying, browsing other people's photos [I read this entire thread in the past 24 hours] and shooting.

Like builder, I have just recently been able to upgrade my gear and after considerable research, went with the 70-300 for a variety of reasons. I'm eagerly awaiting its arrival.

Having read this entire thread, I hope to add to it on a regular basis and welcome all C&C. This thread is really a small miracle of talented, generous and insightful people and I am confident you fine folks are just what I need to step up my game.

Thanks in advance! [Home for lunch now, praying that my 70-300 is there to greet me...]

Darrell

OK, kind of a non-traditional first photo offering. Very little done in the way of PP.