Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 52 of 183 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
    Time to wake up this thread. I was out yesterday morning using the 70-300 for some bugs and blooms.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by kgosden View Post
    Time to wake up this thread. I was out yesterday morning using the 70-300 for some bugs and blooms.
    Very nice - the DOF is a little short on that 70-300 but it does make a good macro lens.

Also, can't really get out and walk right between wonky ankles and insane temperatures around here (35C/95F for the last week on the BC coast...)
    E-510
    E-1
    Zuiko 14-54 F2.8-3.5 MkI
    Zuiko 70-300 F4.0-5.6
    Konica Hexanon 52mm F1.8
    Cullmann 2503
    Benro KS-0

Very nice. I like the blue on blue.

Here's one I took multiple shots of from a rock, hopefully enough I can make a HDR and also manage to have both flowers and background in focus. To bad I suck at HDRing.

I, too, feel this looks horrible so yo don't need to say , but I feel it has potential.

OK, here's the next version, created by erasing the parts that didn't count of two different exposures, with a third exposure as background behind those.

Huh...
    Raven, what are the details on the shots you're using, and what software did you use to combine them for the HDR?
    E-510
    E-1
    Zuiko 14-54 F2.8-3.5 MkI
    Zuiko 70-300 F4.0-5.6
    Konica Hexanon 52mm F1.8
    Cullmann 2503
    Benro KS-0

Raven,

There is definitely a good, if not great, photo in those, but I fear there will be a lot of dodging and burning type of post processing to being it out. One of those times and places where you just want to be able to quit the day job and sit for a week waiting for the light. If you can work on it I would give the foreground flowers more of the saturation of the first image. In fact I think that the middle, top to bottom, of that first photo is the reight lighting.

Nothing. I know nothing about HDR. The first one is just playing with a single RAW file in photoshop, the second is copying and pasting three files on top of each other and erasing the parts I don't like, then screwing around with that a little. If you know anything about how to do it I'd be happy to know.

The location is about a 20 minute drive from where I'm staying, plus a 3 hour climb to get the view . Here's looking up the other side of the canyon . And my third attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by raven15 View Post
    Nothing. I know nothing about HDR. The first one is just playing with a single RAW file in photoshop, the second is copying and pasting three files on top of each other and erasing the parts I don't like, then screwing around with that a little. If you know anything about how to do it I'd be happy to know.

The location is about a 20 minute drive from where I'm staying, plus a 3 hour climb to get the view . Here's looking up the other side of the canyon . And my third attempt.
    You've actually got some views that would be pretty close to perfect for HDRs - between the foreground, valleys and the sky, there's a lot of dynamic range in the pictures.

Alright, try this.

1. Set up on a tripod
    2. Set your camera to ESP metering. You don't have to do this in RAW, but you might get better results, so try RAW+SHQ.
    3. I'm not sure if the E-620 can do bracketing with +/- 2 EV, if it can, set it to that, set for three shot mode and trigger with a remote (if not, continue on)
    4. Take picture one with a remote. Underexpose 2EV from baseline and expose again, overexpose 2EV from baseline and trigger third shot.
    5. Get this software - http://www.mediachance.com/hdri/index.html. The trial version imbeds text in the corner, you can crop it out pretty easily (if you like it, just buy it).

From this point, it's pretty well just follow instructions until you get the image you want.

This is just a quick sample I did a few weeks ago while testing the software. The first three are the Baseline, -2EV and +2EV files respectively, while the third is the final result.
    E-510
    E-1
    Zuiko 14-54 F2.8-3.5 MkI
    Zuiko 70-300 F4.0-5.6
    Konica Hexanon 52mm F1.8
    Cullmann 2503
    Benro KS-0

Phew HDRs now you guys are getting far too clever for me I still use autofix!
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them