Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 44 of 180 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast
    Looks like that worked out well Raven.

Kilauea Iki Crater, Hawaii

I added the 9-18 to my collection for our current Hawaii vacation. Since I haven't seen any photos posted from Jeff's recent trip I will give you a glimpse. This was from the floor of the Kilauea Iki crater created in the 1959 eruption. I used a Cokin ND grad to keep the sky. I found I really needed something bigger than the P series since the sky was only a strip at the top the bottom edge of the original image had some flare from the edge of the filter. Very stark landscape in the crater.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Here is a something a little more active. We went to the ocean front viewing area. The flow is currently on the backside of a new lava bench so there is no direct view, but you do occasionally see some spray above the rocks. This was cropped with a little shadow/highlight adjustment. Taken at ISO 400.

You gotta love those ultrawide angles! I really like the first one. The second is nice too. You know you're too close when your shoes start melting.

I got my camera fixed!!! Woohoo! Seldom in history has someone been more happy about this.

Raven, keep it down. I think I heard you here in Hawaii! Glad to see it actually works. I am waiting to hear where they buried some odd ball Chinese options on the menus. The way the person is framed in the front bike wheel almost seems as if they are in a different photo.

I went to Hawaii when i was 16 and it was great. We climbed all over the new rocks, I was the first person to ever stand on some of them. It was eerie sometimes.

the 9-18 is my most used lens

I don't think there are any new menus, but it was in Chinese language mode when I got it back. The cool thing is I have a 90 day Chinese warranty, so if it breaks when I get back to the states I can travel back to this small town, and they can send it back to an unknown repair shop.

A little bee, a little bee

Congrats on getting your camera back Raven. Is that a shot of the repair man multitasking
    Jekostas that is a stunning bee shot. Beautifully sharp & composed. What camera, lens and settings were you using?
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

Quote Originally Posted by Phill D View Post
    Congrats on getting your camera back Raven. Is that a shot of the repair man multitasking
    Jekostas that is a stunning bee shot. Beautifully sharp & composed. What camera, lens and settings were you using?
    Thanks!
    Believe it or not, that's the 40-150 F3.5-4.5 at full telephoto, E-510, just on Program.

I was hunting around for one of these since it's a 1/2 to a full stop faster than the current kit, better built (metal mount) and apparently, damned sharp even at full telephoto.

In terms of the photo, it's actually a centre crop from the following picture. I quite like the whole thing as well, but I just wanted to show off the bee here.

And one more from today. Obviously had some time (first in a long time) to do a quick neighbourhood walk. The 40-150 again, just at 40mm