Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 6 of 179 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
    Here's Saskatchewan's version of a "drive by shooting"

One of my neighbors likes to "decorate" his yard...

Cheers, Don
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Don Kondra - Furniture Designer/Maker
    Product Photography

Olympus E-3 ~ E-30
    ZD 50 ~ 7-14 ~ 14-35 ~ 14-54 ~ 12-60 ~ 35-100 ~ 50-200 ~ EC 20
    Velbon tripod/ball head
    Slik tripod/Jobu Jr 2 Gimbal

Not my favourite pic out of this set, but I thought it was interesting, at least.

C+C?

Gah... resizing did that picture no favours

Well, it's not bad, but it doesn't particularly do anything for me. It seems like there should be more to the shot, like a person or object. Or possibly shooting the scene from very low to the ground, or something. Maybe early morning light.

I'd be curious about your best shot of the set?

Quote Originally Posted by raven15 View Post
    Well, it's not bad, but it doesn't particularly do anything for me. It seems like there should be more to the shot, like a person or object. Or possibly shooting the scene from very low to the ground, or something. Maybe early morning light.

I'd be curious about your best shot of the set?
    I was trying to get the "dark path leading into the light at the end" thing going, but resizing killed all the fine details in the centre of the picture.

I'm quite happy with the mallard that I posted in the "Birds" thread, actually.
    Last edited by jekostas; 09-24-2008 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Birds don't post pictures

This Means Stop

Ok, since I haven't posted any for a while, a stop sign I was stalking for several days, after taking a not-so-good shot of it with black and white film. Eventually shot with the 14-54 lens around 15mm (30 eq.), f/2.8, at midafternoon, then cranked up sharpness and contrast. And made it black and white. Sharp enough Don?

In any case, always feel free to C&C my pictures. No matter what you have to say I'd be interested to hear it, especially if it is negative . Always looking for ways to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by jekostas View Post
    Same here when I shoot - the purely useless Noise Filter gets turned off, and in-camera sharpening goes down to at least -1. Olympus jacked up in-camera sharpening to compensate for the filter
    I was going through the menus on my E500 yesterday and did not see a sharpness setting. Which menu is this under and what is the actual name? I have the noise filter turned off as well.
    Olympus E-500, 14-45mm f/3.5-5.6, 40-150mm f/4-5.6 , 50mm f/2.0 Macro, FL-36 Flash, Manfrotto 680B Monopod with 3265 Grip Action Ballhead and quick release stored in a LowePro Slingshot 300.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary24 View Post
    I was going through the menus on my E500 yesterday and did not see a sharpness setting. Which menu is this under and what is the actual name? I have the noise filter turned off as well.
    Ah, this really only affected the E-510 and E-410. If you have the E-500 don't worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by raven15 View Post
    Ok, since I haven't posted any for a while, a stop sign I was stalking for several days, after taking a not-so-good shot of it with black and white film. Eventually shot with the 14-54 lens around 15mm (30 eq.), f/2.8, at midafternoon, then cranked up sharpness and contrast. And made it black and white. Sharp enough Don?

In any case, always feel free to C&C my pictures. No matter what you have to say I'd be interested to hear it, especially if it is negative . Always looking for ways to improve.
    It's an interesting picture... but I'm just not buying the digital sharpening and contrast - you're getting halos around items because of it.
    Have you considered a Red filter for B&W photography?

The joys of protest hippies (Word on the Street Vancouver 2008)

For those of you who don't know, Stephen Harper is the Prime Minister of Canada. I was really trying to figure out what this guy was going on about, but after five minutes it just wasn't working.