Quote Originally Posted by seanhoxx View Post
Like I said the 17-50 seems to be a outstanding lens. Everything I have read and researched indicates that a minolta AF 50mm prime 1.7 is THE prime lens for the alpha cameras, as I mentioned before I don't know if it is part full frame preperation, or some "glass panic" but used 50mm 1.7's are going for like 120.00 to 150.00 on ebay, and that is about a 10 - 12 percent increase in the last 6 weeks, and 10 - 12 months ago they were like $65.00 The color reproduction is said to be better on the 1.7 then the 2.1. I have one one the way for $100.00 as a favor to me.
I really "want" the 200-500mm i think it will be fun to use, but I could really use the new but not yet here 80-200 or 70-200mm can never remember 2.8 for sports shooting as the light goes down. who knows when we will be able to get it though. The 90mm is also on the short list also.
maybe we need to work this out, think we can get any kind of discount from Tamron if one of us buys in threes? LOL but then the shipping kills us. Have to save your change guys and don't wait to long, who knows what Tamron's will {go away} next
Actually yeah, the 50mm f/1.7 was the one I was thinking of. 2.8's are all macros (on dyxum assuming it's correct, ). I saw you were looking for one a while back and I just started looking. Oh well, it can wait. Can't believe they were only $80 New when it was available...... Sony needs a few cheap good quality primes. Canon has like F1.7 50mms I believe for like $50.

Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post
The SP AF 28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) MACRO is a really good lens, once it is "tuned up." It shoots just as well as the 17-50mm f/2.8 does, but if you have any aspirations of buying a SONY α900 (Full Frame) ... that's the lens I would buy, instead of the 17-50mm f/2.8 Di-II. Is it on par with a CZ 24-70mm f/2.8? Hey, at $329 ... I dare Carl Zeiss to certify anything even close to that price. Their 24-70 is easily $1650. LOL

Would you guys tell if you come across a fountain of change that allows you to buy such equipment? I am desperately looking for it, myself.

Name:  fountain-of-moolah.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  270.9 KB
lmao ...... will do!