Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Threaded View

Des Plaines, IL

Smile Studio studies ...

Basically, my main interest is to establish a decent lighting setup ... one I can reliably shoot with. It looks close ... I have some adjustment test shots to make, but it seems to be working. I wound up using 3x 750W & one 125W (hair light) Travelites. It's a standard of sorts, others do it with three lights.

As far as APS-C sensor cameras ( α100, α200, α300, α350, α700), you are correct in that they have the 1.5x DCF when compared to the 35mm-film & Full Frame (α900)

In preparation for this, I have the SP AF 90mm f/2.8 Di for the APS-C and the CZ 135mm f/1.8 for the α900. So, bring on the big boy! LOL

I really want to put the primes to work. They don't much use when you are in the field. I feel the 50mm f/1.7 (or 1.4) is a real workhorse, though, especially on the full frame camera. It's a 75mm (short tele) on the APS-C cameras, but still extremely useful in low light situations.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 08-12-2008 at 10:10 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi