Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Thread: Beno dc e6oo

Beno dc e6oo

hello
    looking for some advices on the above digital camera. i may have made a mistake on buying this camera, photos ive taken just on different setting just don,t seem to be of a decent quality, has anybody else experiences these problems, i did buy a viking 1 gb memoy card
    any help would be appreciated to a complete novices

E600 not playin' the game?

Hi there Pigeon...

Unfortunately, the Benq E600 wasn't a big seller internationally, nor are any other current Benq cameras generally. As a brand name in Australia, at least it's hardly known in the field of digital cameras at all.

As a result, I'm guessing you're not gonna get many (any?) responses on the forums here, but that certainly shouldn't deter you from working at getting the best out of your E600. From the little bit I've read about these cameras, I'm assuming that it's more than possible to get a satisfactory image out of them certainly as good as similar brands (such as Kodak or Samsung) in the same price bracket.

So.. it's probably best if you can post a few of your unsatisfactory images here, along with a note about their specific problems. At least that way, we can (hopefully) offer you some helpful advice as to how you might be able to improve your E600's image quality.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

thanks for your reply
    can memory card play a part in photo quality

Card should be OK...

Under normal operating conditions, the memory card won't play any part in the image quality other than for writing speeds (or shot-to-shot time) and transfer to PC speed.

One of the main limitations to getting satisfactory images is the algorithms (or processing firmware) that's built into the camera's control circuitry, and which can't be altered by the user.

The other issue may be the quality of the lens glass itself how accurately the glass is ground; what sort of coatings have been applied to limit flare and ghosting etc; how many individual elements make up the lens; whether they've used ED glass or aspherical lenses to control chromatic aberration etc etc.

But, probably the most common reason for poor image quality is (and I'm not necessarily accusing you here Pigeon) is lack of user skills and/or knowledge of correct camera settings for given scenarios.

Even the simplest of point and shoot cameras require at least a minimum of user input to get a decent image. There's some basic things for example like ensuring the camera is held rigidly to avoid out of focus shots; checking that the prevailing lighting is within the scope of the camera's AUTO setting; that you've chosen the correct SCENE mode for the subject; that you're using the flash in poor lighting conditions; that you're correctly half-pressing the shutter button and giving the lens sufficient time to focus lock; you've set the white balance dependent on the lighting source etc etc.

At the end of the day and if you reckon that despite you doing all the "right" things you're still unhappy with the images from the Benq, then it might just be time to upgrade.

Cheers

thanks for your replys
    if i do start looking around for quality slimline digital camera to replace my benq
    what recommendations and advices have you got for spending around 150
    tyou

No sample problem images to post?
    Lukas

Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

Binning the Benq!

Quote Originally Posted by pigeon View Post
    thanks for your replys
    If i do start looking around for quality slimline digital camera to replace my Benq
    what recommendations and advices have you got for spending around 150
    tyou
    It might be a good starting point if you have a look at Jeff's Digital Camera Database HERE.

If you type in your specific search criteria into each of the boxes to narrow down the list it'll spit out all the cameras, with their prices, that satisfy your search.

Their prices are given in USD$ but there's a simple currency converter HERE to make life a bit easier!

All the major manufacturers now produce several slimline (or ultra compact) cameras, so the choice of basic, auto-enabled point 'n' shoot cameras probably runs into dozens. Which is why it's easier for you to check out Jeff's database first to narrow down your choice to say maybe 3 or 4 models. Then we can give you our opinions on your choice(s) as to whether they're a good one or not.

I'd probably suggest something like the Canon SD 870 IS which you can see in Jeff's review HERE.

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulff View Post
    Their prices are given in USD$ but there's a simple currency converter HERE to make life a bit easier!
    Everything is more expensive in the UK remember, so a straight conversion doesn't work...Not quite so simple unfortunately!
    Gear List:
    Canon 40D + Sigma 18-50mm + Canon 55-250mm

My Gallery

going on holiday in 6 weeks to the west coast in usa, might pick up a good deal out there
    on a slimline , 8 10 mega pixel with quality taking photos
    any advice please
    Last edited by pigeon; 08-01-2008 at 12:39 PM.