Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    By the way, it does not hurt to have a manual focusing grid in your camera, too. You can live w/o one ... but, why not make things easier on yourself? It's your camera!
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Now I wish I had an a700! darn.... because I don't have the DMF and AF-A menus in my a300. It sounds really useful for composing things exactly how you want it. I'd like to be able to manipulate the focuser after it's auto focused in on the subject. Guess I'll be the one stuck toggling AF/MF!

What is the manual focusing grid you are talking about. I didn't see it in any of the menus. (must be another a700 feature )
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by dr4gon View Post
    What is the manual focusing grid you are talking about. I didn't see it in any of the menus. (must be another a700 feature )
    It's the Katz-Eye.

Name:  katz-Eye.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  19.2 KBName:  katz-Eye-in-A700.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  135.6 KB

Use this LINK

I had it installed about two months back. It is only for the A700 ... so quit cursin' what you have and sell that darn camera of yours ... then step up to the big boy toys. LOL
    Last edited by DonSchap; 07-29-2008 at 06:59 PM.
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Yeah I thought it was something like that. It's in an old Canon SLR that I have.
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

Before Autofocus ... and the Dark Side.

flickr & Sdi