Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Meade LX200 T-Mount for Alphas? (a300)

I have access to a Meade LX200 telescope.

I just need to figure out how to use it and attach my a300 to it. I'm taking a shot in the dark asking this here but, which T-Mount would work on it. Would this adorama one work? or this Opteka at amazon? I know I read somewhere that don got a meade telescope so he might know. Are these pretty standard or do they only fit certain types of telescopes?

Thanks
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

any t mount for a minolta auto focus

No ... I put off buying the telescope ... because it quickly became $2000 for anything decent ... and if I'm dumping that much into glass... I'm getting a more useable lens for the A700/A900, hence the 135mm f/1.8 Sorry

You may need a sighting lens to keep from having to awkardly peer into the camera to get the image. Of couse, with LV ... that may not be that big an issue, now.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Quote Originally Posted by SONYNUT View Post
    any t mount for a minolta auto focus
    Thanks.

What's the difference between the ones I linked and this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-25-M42-T2-T-Mo...QQcmdZViewItem

And actually what about this one from b&h?

If I understand correctly, the camera pretty much attaches directly to where the eye piece goes. I'm not very familiar with it, but I'm going to check it out tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post
    No ... I put off buying the telescope ... because it quickly became $2000 for anything decent ... and if I'm dumping that much into glass... I'm getting a more useable lens for the A700/A900, hence the 135mm f/1.8 Sorry

You may need a sighting lens to keep from having to awkardly peer into the camera to get the image. Of couse, with LV ... that may not be that big an issue, now.
    aww that's too bad, another time then!

Yup, gotta love the love view

but the scope is mounted on a nice fork mount in an observatory so it should be pretty easy to see (maybe with the help of a step stool or small ladder).

edit: actually b&h has a Meade sony one. But it says it has to be used in manual mode and also requires an slr camera adapter?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...a_Adapter.html
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II