Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Threaded View

Cool In preparation for the Full Frame

On my own authority ... LOL ... I have taken upon my self to prepare for the "Flagship" Full Frame from SONY.

In regards to this, I have three Di-style lenses coming to supplement the woeful array I already have. While I could and can use the PRIMES and TAMRON Adaptall2 lenses, I have opted for these two zooms:

TAMRON SP AF 28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) MACRO
    Konica Minolta AF 17-35mm f/2.8-4 (D)

and for good measure, threw in the TAMRON SP AF 200-500mm f/5-6.3 Di LD Super-zoom, to support the new camera until such time that I decide (and figure out how to pay for) on selected SONY-glass.

I hope (and pray) TAMRON will finally get to market the SONY-mount of the SP AF 70-200mm f/2.8 Di LD, to gap fill ... or this is going to be one long downhill ride.

I have experienced a lot of serious debate concerning how the camera is going to react to "lesser" glass and am quite interested to see what it is all about, as no one has much of anything to show in the way of proof or collected data.

Honestly, it is always the challenge ... but more so, this time, as this is a much larger sensor and has the built-in stabilization (unseen in any other full frame camera).

Anyway ... the little bag is getting full. Choices upon choices.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 07-13-2008 at 11:57 AM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi