Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Why'd you switch to Sony again?
    Ouch.

So I could use my old glass ... guess those days are ... OVER!!!

Nah ... it was all the shakin' going on with the Canon ... and having to pop for IS-equipped lensing ... of which there are only just so many and most are priced up there in the clouds. Back in 2005, I had my eye on the KM-7D ... but then the wheels flew off Minolta ... and they were ABSORBED. In the mean time, I wanted my digital SLR ... and opted for the Canon EOS 20D. Then, after 18-months, the SONY A700 arrived ... the final APS-C ... and all was well. My stint with Canon was over and I was back into my old bag o' glass.

Without having the comparisons, though ... this is all just fluff. I've been pretty content with what I have been able to acheive with most of the TAMRON glass. I've got a couple decent lenses ... but, I suppose there is a shift coming ... far more pricey, which I really had hoped would come down a bit.

What I find amazing is how many people lined up on the SONY side of the argument ... taking the direct hit to their own financials, rather than support the idea that something rather devious and crafty was going on. SONY's got 'em. Just like the Canonites ... in for a penny ... in for several thousand pounds.

Off we go, it's Saturday.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 07-12-2008 at 10:08 AM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

I don't agree with Sony but it's not exactly a surprising move by them either.
    Ouch.

So what you're saying is that if I buy a new sony, even now I won't be able to get the really good lenses. Jeff said in his review that he doesn't care for one of the lenses included in the kit. Sigh, always a little late.

djmft44 ... this is concerning the new A900 "Flagship" camera to be introduced in September. Were you planning on buying one of these?

From your posting, I would imagine you more in line for the other models. There are plenty of SONY lenses out there.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

You're right, I'm sorry. Cheers, Dana