Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tamron 17-50 goes to work

Took the Tamron AF 17-50mm f2.8 on the new a700 to work with me the other day. just to get a feel for the camera and the lens. Shot at random on auto setting. Not bad at all for just point and shooting more or less. inside shots are under pretty bad lighting. will post more later, have some more outdoor.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Tamron 17 - 50 II

really picks up the color and detail of the oil painting, even though I'm not level with it lol

Tamron 17-50 goes to work III

Common Pleas Courtroom, 2 from a cemetary on my way home, and the neighbors dog, "bad shadows in dog shot"

oops picked wrong file, that of course is not the neighbors dog

this would be the dog

bad shadows and all

Question A little erect posture

Sean ... I straightened up that building you took ... what do you think?

Name:  DSC00040 adj.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  355.0 KB

A little tilt-shift magic ... from Photoshop
    Last edited by DonSchap; 07-03-2008 at 10:59 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Don you took the words right off my keyboard. LOL Now see what you can do with the picture hanging on the wall. LMAO They need to add a level in the view finder. I have the same problem. Too many things to worry about. Maybe Sony can have a self leveling camera to go along with the SSS. ( I am going to pattern the idea )
    Frank
    Sony A77
    Sony A580
    Sony A 100
    Maxxum 400si.
    Sony 18-70 Kit Lens
    Minolta AF 35-70
    Minolta AF 50 f/1.7
    Tamron 70-300 f/4-5.6 Di LD
    Tamron 60mm Macro
    Tamron 17-50 f/2.8
    Tamron 2x Converter
    Sony HVL-F42AM
    Quantaray 70-300 4.5-5.6 Macro
    Slingshot 200 Bag

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22083244@N06/

http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn219/sparkie1263/

level headed

thanks for the fix. I didnt do anything to the pics but resize them for here. maybe go a bit smaller yet with that. how about a digital level across the top of the viewfinder? a little led bubble? I would pay for that!
    I do like the color texture and image feel from the lens, now to keep working on operator I/Q
    dull hazey dreary cloudy but so far dry day here in ohio, wonder what the camera might see?

Red face Interior design ...

Well ... that portrait simply cannot stand like that ... so I took a little liberty in re-hanging it.

Name:  dsc00021-adj.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  151.9 KB
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Then again ... they say you can do wonders with a crop ... but, you still have to meter correctly. Bright sun is not the photographer's friend.

Name:  DSC00061-adj-crop.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  243.9 KB

Here's my boy ... under clouds ... where metering is easier to correct, also when tighter on the subject(s). Not so contrasty and you can almost count the hairs on his mug,

Name:  Trak-&-Friend.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  226.8 KB

Given some more time with your new lens, you will begin to note its true strengths, indoors and outdoors ... because 90% of photography is managing the light source, be it the sun ... or a candle.

About the guy sitting at his desk, with the lamp behind him ... uh, frame out the lamp and shut it off, next time. Remember, the viewer's eyes seek the brightest spot in the photograph. Normally, that should be the subject ... or something very close.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 07-04-2008 at 10:58 AM.

flickr & Sdi