Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Okay ... this is done with Photoshop ... under menu bar selection "Filter" > "Stylize" > "Solarize"

Enjoy.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Quote Originally Posted by Rooz View Post
    some funny stuff going on in that photo on my monitor.
    Quote Originally Posted by lukeap69 View Post
    in my monitor too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Viky View Post
    mine too
    I think it's the radiation from that UFO taking off just above the bottom right tree.
    Ouch.

Thanks for all that advice, one last question, what should I set the focus to and what should I focus on? Infinity?

And you think DRO on or off for these? (probably won't matter?)

I'll have to mess with it I'm sure, but just want to be as close as possible.
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

I recommend you go with Manual Focus (MF), because you do not want the camera trying to focus while you are snapping the shot.

Initially, during the shoot, focus to near infinity ... then check the resulting exposure with your magnification button for sharpness. Adjust as necessary ... very very slightly. After a few detonations, you should be ranged in.

Once you have it set ... refrain from touching the lens at all. Even a small piece of electrical or gaffer's tape on the focus ring and zoom ring might be a good idea to limit "lens creep" from any vibration to the tripod or from the camera's shutter. Don't forget to take your release with you. You probably should shut off "SSS" (Super SteadyShot) while on the tripod, to avoid feedback shutter since there is no movement to correct from your hand.

DRO probably won't make any difference unless there is something else in the shot. Personally, I'd shut it off.

Most of this will be automatic, once you get those settings locked in. Just get your timing right and have fun.

Good luck on your shoot.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 07-03-2008 at 04:15 PM.
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Sweet thanks, there's a show nearby tonight, but it's supposed to be a big one, so we'll see how close I can get.
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

Lightbulb Taking fireworks a step further

With all the beautiful colors that the fireworks display provided ...

I decided to throw in a few dozen ice cubettes ... stir them in and see what fell out.

Well, here it is:

Last edited by DonSchap; 07-08-2008 at 02:14 PM.

flickr & Sdi

Talking What you see ...

I wound up taking this image and making it my background ... it does display the colors really nicely.

Name:  Monitor-background.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  397.4 KB

But, as nice as it looks ... the monitor just doesn't have the power to be really tightly color-managed. Soooo, what do you say ... off to CDW to get the $1000 beauty, the NEC MultiSync 2490WUXI 24" LCD (CDW # 1132162), to get some "professional" looking results?
    Last edited by DonSchap; 07-10-2008 at 10:41 PM.

flickr & Sdi

Thumbs up I liked it so much I....

stole it for my wallpaper too!! 'ppreciate that!

re.ac.tor
    Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H50, Sony MVC-CD300