Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    It would have, if you left it as a .PSD file ... but once it goes to JPEG ... all displayed layers are merged (squished together) to form the jpeg image ... which can only be manipulated all over again ... causing image degredation.

You could download the "original" image, again, from you camera's memory card ... and then begin ... only save your work as a .PSD (so you can go back) ... and then again as a JPEG, so you can post. Sorry.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

I read that somewhere but I didn't want to save everything 3 times. I do save the original but I would never be able to get the image back the same way from the original. I am lucky if I get it right the first time.
    Thanks
    Frank

I think we just hijacked your thread. LOL
    Sony A77
    Sony A580
    Sony A 100
    Maxxum 400si.
    Sony 18-70 Kit Lens
    Minolta AF 35-70
    Minolta AF 50 f/1.7
    Tamron 70-300 f/4-5.6 Di LD
    Tamron 60mm Macro
    Tamron 17-50 f/2.8
    Tamron 2x Converter
    Sony HVL-F42AM
    Quantaray 70-300 4.5-5.6 Macro
    Slingshot 200 Bag

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22083244@N06/

http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn219/sparkie1263/

Hey, if someone learns something along the way ... so it goes.

We can always start another image follies.
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

I have my RAWs imported with lightroom and pick out the ones from their to export to a gallery (just some automatic sharpening for PP) and I hand select a few for more PP in photoshop which gets saved as a PSD and also as a JPG for uploading to the interenets.
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

Maybe it is just me ... (it usually is) but, I am find RAW rather useless outdoors.

I know it is very powerful for dealing with indoor lighting issues, but I rarely find myself screwing around with the White Balance in sunlight. Set to 5600K ... I seem to be getting good results without having to tweak it. You can go right from JPEG and save time.

What about you folks? Oh oh ... hijacked, again.

flickr & Sdi

OK Don,

These were not taken with a DSLR but rather my old MVC-CD300:

I know, I know - turn off the date stamp.

re.ac.tor
    Last edited by re.ac.tor; 07-13-2008 at 11:34 PM.
    Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H50, Sony MVC-CD300

Thumbs up Dated ... but excellent

These are really quite good, coming from a oversized P&S camera with a big memory (disk). Color saturation is very manageable, but pixel density is probably limited for enlarging it.

Are you considering the JUMP to DLSR? Judging from your apparent skills at DOF, I am pretty certain you might find yourself with a significant improvement in imaging ... when the flexibility tools of a wider aperture, wider ISO range and faster shutter are added.

If I were you, I would take the time to get over to the SONY Style store and take a intensive peek at the A350 or A300. They are much smaller in your hand and offer quite a bit more to your images.

I mean you've done nicely. Why be limited? Intro-prices are definitely better than they have EVER been.

Just a suggestion ... and thanks for your participation in the show.

flickr & Sdi

Building, Moon, Leaves

Nice photos guys. Don That is a neat shot of the building with the Tamron 17 - 50, wow thats what I want my building pics to look like and speaking of learning something you say the photo is "corrected for parallax error" please explain, is that like the wave or ripple effect from a repeated patteren windows etc. or is that "moire" is that right?
    nice moon sparkie even hand held, I need to work on my grip and being way more steady.
    And that first photo of the fall leaf is really cool.
    Sean

Since I left off in architecture shooting ... here's another one using the lens I recieved in the mail, just today ... the Konica-Minolta AF 17-35mm f/2.8 (D). I figure if I'm going to slap in on the front of a full frame, I had better see how it looks.

Oakbrook Tower @ Oakbrook, IL

Name:  Oakbrook-Tower.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  195.8 KB

Don't you just wish you had had the glass contract for this monster. It is huge, all by itself, on a chuck of concrete at Roosevelt Rd and US 83. I had worked in this place for a bit. Marvelous view from the top.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 07-14-2008 at 05:11 PM.

flickr & Sdi

Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post
    These are really quite good, coming from a oversized P&S camera with a big memory (disk). Color saturation is very manageable, but pixel density is probably limited for enlarging it.

Are you considering the JUMP to DLSR? Judging from your apparent skills at DOF, I am pretty certain you might find yourself with a significant improvement in imaging ... when the flexibility tools of a wider aperture, wider ISO range and faster shutter are added.

If I were you, I would take the time to get over to the SONY Style store and take a intensive peek at the A350 or A300. They are much smaller in your hand and offer quite a bit more to your images.

I mean you've done nicely. Why be limited? Intro-prices are definitely better than they have EVER been.

Just a suggestion ... and thanks for your participation in the show.
    Don,

Thanks for the kind words. I would love to go DLSR but, my budget is limited currently. I just received Sony's Cyber-shot DSC-H50 (Black) as a 15y anniversary gift from my wife. I will now have triple the pixels of the old Sony, and much more flexibility. Looking forward to learning how to use it and put out some higher quality photos.

re.ac.tor
    Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H50, Sony MVC-CD300