Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Lightbulb Take your best shot!

Okay ... I know there are a few new members looking at this web site and saying ... geez, what could I post? These guys are nuts!

Well, I would like to suggest posting your very best shot.

What this can do is definitely indicate how many interested people are really looking at the SONY DSLR forum and also what the newer cameras are doing out there, in the real world.

There is a ton of good material that has been discussed in this forum. You should be getting better than average results if you've listened and acted upon only a portion of it. That's kind of the point of the entire effort.

But, like any kind of learning ... you need to post up some feedback and see where you can improve your images ... if at all!

So, if you have NOT posted in the forum ... take a few minutes and figure out how to do it. Remember, posts need to be limited to 488K for a JPEG.

You might be asking: "Well, Don, they're coming out of the camera at over 4MB per shot!"

That's very true, so you need to "resize" the image through an image editor. An image editor program is usually included in the computer's operating system. You might also make use of the SONY software, included with your camera.

A good size to reduce to is 800 x 533 ... which usually will bring the image under the 488KB limitation.

Anyway ... post the best you got ... and let's try to help one another make that shot look crackin' ... if necessary. Who knows, we may just learn something along the way?
    Last edited by DonSchap; 07-03-2008 at 04:00 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Psst ... it really is okay to post ... something. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

We will all be the judge.

Name:  judge.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  5.3 KB
    Last edited by DonSchap; 07-02-2008 at 04:20 PM.
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Don I will start it off. Here are two flowers I took today. I don't know what kind they are. The white flowers are the size of a nickel.

P.S. I always post my images.
    Sony A77
    Sony A580
    Sony A 100
    Maxxum 400si.
    Sony 18-70 Kit Lens
    Minolta AF 35-70
    Minolta AF 50 f/1.7
    Tamron 70-300 f/4-5.6 Di LD
    Tamron 60mm Macro
    Tamron 17-50 f/2.8
    Tamron 2x Converter
    Sony HVL-F42AM
    Quantaray 70-300 4.5-5.6 Macro
    Slingshot 200 Bag

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22083244@N06/

http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn219/sparkie1263/

http://www.karenengel.com/p105307592...0674#899548788

Not really my *best*, but one of my very first with the DT 18-250 lens/A300 combo. (Bummer we can't embed linked images here without reducing the file size and attaching...or am I missing something? :-)

Hey, that's great, Karen. Good show.

The limit for images is 488KB per. Also, if they are larger than 1024 ... you get scroll bars ... so I recommend 800 x 600, just to keep it under control.

Keep them coming, folks ... we do have quite a number of SONY users, these days. More to come. Show us what you have been up to.

flickr & Sdi

CaliGal....Great photo. Sycuan? I'm in the East County out here so I know it well.

This photo was taken with my old Sony DSC-F717 Cybershot 5mp. I love that camera. It was on a 10X + digital zoom (48.5mm). I know this is SLR's but I had to post it. I was walking back to my car downtown and I look up and see three girls playing around on a ledge on top of the Ramada Hotel which is about 10 floors. I took the camera out of my car just in time to see the girl at the very ledge. The wind was blowing and with her thin body, well needless to say it wouldn't have been pretty. I have a few others but I think this one is the most dramatic out of the bunch.

Again, my apologies this was a few days before I got my a300.

This is not my pic but I wanted to show you how high she is. CRAZY!
    http://www-staff.it.uts.edu.au/~jenn...an%20Diego.JPG
    Last edited by Scribblah; 07-02-2008 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Found a sample

WOW, that's weird and scary!!!! Almost looks like a movie stunt. Yes, I would say she's very high both physically and mentally! LOL

My squirrel image at Sycuan was done while waiting on the tee of a big two day WPLGA Tournament a couple of weeks ago. It was the first time I had ever been there...I won the whole thing too!

Anyway, glad you liked, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post
    The limit for images is 488KB per. Also, if they are larger than 1024 ... you get scroll bars ... so I recommend 800 x 600, just to keep it under control.
    Thanks Don!
    But to clarify, they cannot be linkable images of that size (which are readily available to me through my photo hosting service) - they actually have to be sized to fit, then attached, correct?

A few softball & basketball shots

(These are all reduced images)

This made several papers:

This was a game saving, over the shoulder catch:

And a basketball shot:

Here are some from the Oregon softball championships

Classic Fast Pitch delivery:

Clearly, not an out (notice the ball loose on the runner's shoulder):

While this time, we have control of the ball, and the out!