Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    A few months ago I had a spot on my KM 5D sensor. It would not blow off with air. I borrowed an Arctic Brush and that did not get it either. After a lot of research I purchased some "Visible Dust"cleaner and swabs on line.
    I read the instructions, took a deep breath and wet cleaned my sensor.
    It worked perfectly. It is not really a difficult task if you follow the instructions and have a steady hand.

Peter

Yes ... let Gravity do it's job. It's the law!

Be careful not to whack the tip of the nozzle into the sensor when you apply that puff of air to it. It's a little too easy to do, if you are not careful ... and dents don't come off!

Good luck
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

yeah that's what i was worried about.....accidentally hitting the internal parts or touching the sensor itself trying to produce the ultimate pump of air.

btw what the sensor shake....where does the loose dust drop off to?
    is there some stick tape or something to catch them?
    Canon EOS 7D

flickr
    FLUIDR

That's a question you may have to address with SONY. I always thought there was a molecular disintregrator in the bottom of the sensor box ... zzzzzzap ... all gone!
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi