Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Lightbulb Card carrying members

I brought this idea up, about two years ago ... and it did not get a lot of play, but I was wondering if we should consider DCRP identification cards, which would entitle the bearer to get a discount on all photographic items anywhere on the Internet. You have to know that the big retailers would just love to cut into their profit margin by providing all of us with deep discounts in an effort to promote photography throughout the universe.

I know, I know ... when piggies fly and all that.

I mean, it would be cool, in a way, to actively promote the wonderful advice areas we all chime in and support ... plus, it would enable you to argue (successfully) with your respective spouse about how important it is that you spend time on the website and promote goodwill and camaraderie.

You could use it like a "press pass" and flash it to the security dude, telling him that you represent the free public with an opinion ... and the big, white-colored lens on the front of your camera makes you ... "official." Official what? Well, that's TBD, and you have got images to create.

Here's a suggested format:

Name:  dcrp id card III.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  112.6 KB

True, you cannot use the "ID" to buy booze and other paraphenalia ... but, wouldn't it be cool to whip this out and have the guy standing behind the camera counter ask, "So, what the heck is this?" And ... you tell him.

Spread the word, DCRP is here for the benefit of all interested parties. Remember: If you're not part of the solution ... get in line!

See what happens when you stay up too late? You get "carded."
    Last edited by DonSchap; 06-04-2008 at 11:51 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Wink I love it

a very cool, fun idea Don, I like having a pic of your camera and main lens on the card lol. as I have background in security and access control a few suggestions: make the card more of a vertical rectangle, make sure it is a "heavy" laminate finish, a clip or lanyard slot at the top"so you can wear it around your neck and whip it outwhen needed" a cut out pocket or slot on the back so you can slide in a few business cards, a "gear list" to impress the newbies like me lol, and maybe a $20.00 for those "you walk away for just a few minutes" situations. across the bottom maybe add in bold letters, "all acess, or PHOTO, or VIP, or WORKING, all though that might put it over the edge into the getting it taken away from you LOL. the WORKING could be factual, we are always "working". you could even clipit to your bag to add a sense of impotance to it or at your favorite store just take it out with the credit card and act like you expect the clerk to know what to do it would also act as a cool "secret" i.d. for the forum members that cross paths.
    any just my comments

Red face Just try that again, pal!

Okay ... a vertical rework ...

Name:  DCRP-Badge-vertical-w-plastic.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  152.8 KB

Like you suggested, "seanhoxx", I even used that same crappy plastic laminate they do on regular company ID badges
    Last edited by DonSchap; 06-05-2008 at 07:29 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi