Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Another dust thread

so today was pretty much a bad day. i had a lot of crap in my camera for some weird reason. and i cant get rid of it. i believe its above the mirror thing inside the camera. i see not specs in pictures. just looking through the viewfinder. can someone help? can i get this fixed? any ideas? please...
    Cameras: Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi | Kodak EasyShare M753
    Lenses: Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 USM & IS | Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS
    Accessories: Canon Speedlite 430EX | SanDisk Ultra II CF 1GB x2 | SanDisk Standard CF 512MB x4
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended | Adobe Lightroom 2.0 Beta

flickr

that sounds like exactly what i just had...it's dust and it's most likely on the prism...i saw it in the viewfinder but not on pics...just blow air in there to remove dust just like you would normally do...(to find out how to do this specifically, just click search at the top and look for "dust" and you'll find plenty of articles...)

dude lol i tried for like 3 hours. nothing is working im realllly freaking out and i hope canon can fix this for me. :[
    Accessories: Canon Speedlite 430EX | SanDisk Ultra II CF 1GB x2 | SanDisk Standard CF 512MB x4

flickr

i went today to a local shop to price their items (actually cheaper than my fav site bhphotovideo.com) and they blew it out for me for free....i bought the Rocket Air Blower for $10 too...try your local shop and they might do it for you no charge...

thanks for your help i think im gonna buy that rocket air thing but im just gonna ship it out because im freaking out and want it done professionally and to perfection. do you or anyone know anything about this? or if they really do a good job? im just scared ill end up buying a brand new camera when i just got this a month ago.
    Last edited by namesalex; 05-11-2008 at 05:05 PM.

flickr

How many specs are there? It seems like you're overreacting. Would it be nice to have a dust free camera? Sure, but even with the crap on the focusing screen the camera still functions normally. I have one spec in my camera. I couldn't get it out, but it wasn't affecting my pictures so I stopped worrying about it.
    Lukas

Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

haha its like 5 or 6? :[
    Last edited by namesalex; 05-11-2008 at 05:25 PM.

flickr

You will never have a dust-free SLR. If there is no dust showing up in your pictures, then I'd ignore it.
    Adam
    -------------
    Canon 60D & lenses & flashes & stuff
    A bunch of cheap vintage film cameras

My Etsy store

theyre big specs :[ ...pretty big

flickr

has anyone ever shipped there camera out to canon before? how long does it take and do they do a nice job?

flickr