Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Thread: Bad CF card?

Bad CF card?

For my 400D, I use a Transcend 133x CF card. Occasionally, maybe one or two every 200 shots or so - not that often in other words. They look like the image below, sometimes half or most of the picture is like this. So, is this just the memory card, or something wrong with the camera? I'm going to use my SanDisk back up for a while to see if still does this, but I wanted to run by everyone here to see if it's indicative of a bad card.

Canon 5D Mark II (Canon 35mm/1.4L | Canon 24-70 f/2.8L | Canon 135mm/2L | 430EX II | Gitzo G1125 + 494RC2)

flickr

I bought a new camera. It's very advanced - you don't even need it. ~Steven Wright

Formerly South Wales. Now South Carolina.
    Yes. That is a bad card. To be more specific, the software on the card has gone wrong and needs to be fixed. Send it back to Transcend.

Thanks, I'm glad my camera isn't responsible. I'll use my back up until Transcend replaces my card. It was all of $30 after all!
    Canon 5D Mark II (Canon 35mm/1.4L | Canon 24-70 f/2.8L | Canon 135mm/2L | 430EX II | Gitzo G1125 + 494RC2)

flickr

I bought a new camera. It's very advanced - you don't even need it. ~Steven Wright