Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I am a big gamer... I love the FPS (First Person Shooter) style & driving games.
    I do have to say that wii just picked up the Nintendo Wii... what a BLAST. I think it is a great idea, it gets kids off there rumps. Its not all about the eye candy... its about interaction and 2-4 player fun.

My 2 cents on the GTA... its a piece of SH!T and is doing nothing for our kids.
    Canon 7D ~ Canon 20D
    70-200L f/2.8 | 100 f/2.8 | 50 f/1.4 | 10-22 f/3.5-4.5
    580EX | BG-E7 | BG-E2

"Keyboard failure, press any key to continue.... "

as much of a computer tekkie as i am, i just never got into playing them on the computer.

always console gaming.

that said, the last two games i REALLY got into were halo(1) and grand theft auto vice city. i did play halo 2 online for a moth or so, but nothing like halo 1 and gta vice city.

the concept of gta is amazing. being able to do "whatever you want" is just too awesome. i spent most of my time running people over that were walking down the sidewalk and running from the cops, but i don't know if i grew out of it...or if i just don't have the time to game anymore. probably a little of both.

yea i know a pointless post, but i honestly don't think it's messing with kids or anything like that. maybe making them fat, but that's a whole nother discussion all together.
    40d | 5d mk II | 2.8/16 zenitar fisheye | 16-35L | 35L | sigma 1.4/50 | sigma 2.8/50 Macro | sigma 1.4/85 | 70-200L IS
    website
    disclaimer: posts are for personal entertainment only...not to be taken seriously...ever.

Quote Originally Posted by adam75south View Post
    gta vice city.

the concept of gta is amazing. being able to do "whatever you want" is just too awesome. i spent most of my time running people over that were walking down the sidewalk and running from the cops, but i don't know if i grew out of it...or if i just don't have the time to game anymore. probably a little of both.
    My wife won't let me get any of these , but some friends of mine have GTA and its a total blast, although admittedly quite immoral They have kids and they let them play it but they aren't allowed to kill anyone. Its hillarious to watch them play - driving nicely down the street, like their on a Sunday drive!! I, on the other hand, drive the tank and try to take down the Police chopper with RPG's!!
    Michael B.
    Canon 5D2, 550D, Sony NEX 5N, Sigma 15mm fish, 24L mkI, 35L, 40mm f/2.8, 50 1.8 II, Sigma 50 1.4, Sigma 50mm f/2.8 macro, 60mm macro, 100mm f/2, 70-200 f/4, 200 f/2.8 mk I, Tamron 28-75 f/2.8, 430EX. Growing list of MF lenses!

yea my whole goal was just to get to 6 stars without dying half the time.

if i was a parent, there'd be NO WAY i'd let my kids play those games though, they wouldn't be watching R rated movies, and they wouldn't be playing M rated games. some parents seem to be fine with letting their kids veg out in front of the tv, internet, and video games. i'm not saying i'd do much better, but at the same time you also don't see me with any kids. i'm smart enough to know i wouldn't do a very good job and keep myself out of that situation. wow, rant over.
    40d | 5d mk II | 2.8/16 zenitar fisheye | 16-35L | 35L | sigma 1.4/50 | sigma 2.8/50 Macro | sigma 1.4/85 | 70-200L IS
    website
    disclaimer: posts are for personal entertainment only...not to be taken seriously...ever.

Something I haven't seen before in GTA is you can now pick up hookers and go to strip clubs... you don't get to see any virtual nakedness but the stuff they were saying and doing..... I don't think I'm old enough to see and hear! I definitely would not let my kid get 100 ft from this game.
    5D MK III, 50D, ELAN 7E, 17-40mm 4, Sigma 10mm 2.8 fisheye, 18-55mm 3.5-5.6 IS, 30mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 580 EX, 430 EX speedlight, Pocket wizard flex and mini.
    Canon G10

Pentax P30, 50mm 2.0

Formerly South Wales. Now South Carolina.
    Quote Originally Posted by adam75south View Post
    yea my whole goal was just to get to 6 stars without dying half the time.

if i was a parent, there'd be NO WAY i'd let my kids play those games though, they wouldn't be watching R rated movies, and they wouldn't be playing M rated games. some parents seem to be fine with letting their kids veg out in front of the tv, internet, and video games. i'm not saying i'd do much better, but at the same time you also don't see me with any kids. i'm smart enough to know i wouldn't do a very good job and keep myself out of that situation. wow, rant over.
    My concern is more that children are exposed to killing and violence being portrayed as the solution to all problems. My stepson is 10 and I'd love to take him up to the shooting range and let him have a go at some targets with a bb gun and maybe a .22LR. The way he says people should be shot and killed makes me not want to do this and he gets all this rubbish from video games and TV. This is how those brats at Columbine started out although to be fair, my stepson is most definitely not an introvert.

what are you talking aboot nick? you could pick up hookers in part 3 and strip clubs in vice city.
    website

I never played vice city so it was new to me. I don't remember hookers in part 3 at least not hookers you could have sex with in your car. Could you take two girls into a private room in the strip club in vice city?
    5D MK III, 50D, ELAN 7E, 17-40mm 4, Sigma 10mm 2.8 fisheye, 18-55mm 3.5-5.6 IS, 30mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 580 EX, 430 EX speedlight, Pocket wizard flex and mini.
    Canon G10

Pentax P30, 50mm 2.0

they had all that and more in san adreas
    "A good friend will come bail you out of jail.... But a true friend will be sitting next to you saying .... That was fun!!"
    Flicker
    my pix
    canon dslr XSi/450D ,EFS 15-85 IS USM,EFS 18-55 IS,EF 50mm f1.8 ll,EF 70-300 IS USM,Tokina 11-16 f2.8,Kenko Tubes,
    canon sd800 is - RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    My concern is more that children are exposed to killing and violence being portrayed as the solution to all problems. My stepson is 10 and I'd love to take him up to the shooting range and let him have a go at some targets with a bb gun and maybe a .22LR. The way he says people should be shot and killed makes me not want to do this and he gets all this rubbish from video games and TV. This is how those brats at Columbine started out although to be fair, my stepson is most definitely not an introvert.
    well GTA is not for kids it says on the box M for mature so if kids are playing it and getting stupid ideas then we should blame the parents for letting them play . trhats how I see it
    "A good friend will come bail you out of jail.... But a true friend will be sitting next to you saying .... That was fun!!"
    Flicker
    my pix
    canon dslr XSi/450D ,EFS 15-85 IS USM,EFS 18-55 IS,EF 50mm f1.8 ll,EF 70-300 IS USM,Tokina 11-16 f2.8,Kenko Tubes,
    canon sd800 is - RIP