Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Do you use Nikon Transfer?

I added the Nikon Transfer software to my computer. I don't like it because it drops all my photo's into one file. I usually dump my card 2 to 3 times per month and copy/paste straight off the card via USB cord to my different folders ie: scrapbooking, gardening, daycare children and monthly folders of family life. So I haven't been using the Transfer software at all. What I'm finding is that my each time I delete off my card, my picture counter would go back to zero. This is problematic. I take way too many pictures to name each picture file and i don't want folder after folder of pictures when I prefer my old system. When files end up with the same number my files won't let me keep both, and its a PITA. What's weird is the last time I emptied the memory card I accidently left two pictures on there and the counter kept counting but I'm unsure if i did anything different.

I know this is confusing.. Is there a magic setting to check to keep the counter continuous like on my last Sony point and shoot?
    Proud New owner of a Nikon D60

I have a D40xand I had to change it on the camera for it to be continuous. I had that same problem in the beginning with it resetting with each card.

Try here
    http://support.nikontech.com/cgi-bin...i=&p_topview=1

There is a setting within the menu (of the camera) to keep the counter going even after the card is cleared.
    Nikon D300 | Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 | Nikkor AF-S 70-300mm VR | Nikkor AF 35mm f/2 D | SB-600 | Lowepro Voyager C | Lowepro Slingshot 300 AW

For Sale:
    Nikkor AF 35mm f/2 D - Like New (FX compatible)

Wish List
    Nikkor AF-S 17-55 f/2.8
    Nikkor AF-S 70-200 f/4 VRII
    Tokina AF 11-16 f/2.8
    SB-900 (2)
    Umbrellas
    New Tripod

On my d50, you go to the setup menu (the one with the wrench icon) and scroll down to the File No. Seq. line. Change it to On. I don't know if it's the same with your camera, though.
    Nikon D50, Nikkor 18-55mm, Nikkor 50mm 1.8, Sigma 70-300mm APO DG Macro, Tokina 12-24
    Flickr

Thanks so much! I figured it out finally. I went to the setup menu then to 'my menu' and realized i hadn't scrolled down to more features there. The Nikon book is useless that came with the book. You've saved me a lot of aggravation, thanks so much!
    Proud New owner of a Nikon D60

I love Nikon Transfer... it is so much easier to use and hassle free compared with other options.