Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Digital Photo Organizer

I own PS CS3 and love the Adobe Bridge program because I can see thumbnails of all of the images in a folder and the main part I like is the ability to add lots of keywords to each photo by checking a box....

BUT...

My mom doesn't have any use for such an expensive program like PS, but all of her pictures are a MESS on her computer. All she has is a P&S, so there isn't any need for her to be able to view/edit/open RAW files, mostly just JPG's and a few other common image formats.

Question: Is there a program out there that will:
    - Make thumbnails of the images in a folder
    - Give you the ability to add multiple keywords to each image
    - Price $0 - $50

Formerly South Wales. Now South Carolina.
    Google Picassa?

Can you tag photos in Picasa? I use it as a viewer. I like it because it maintains the organization I have already set up for my photos and it loads quickly.
    Lukas

Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

Thank you for the suggestion...

I just tried it and it's real close to what I'm looking for, (especially the price), but I couldn't find an easy way to add keywords. The only way I could find is opening each image individually and typing in keywords...

What I like about Bridge is you can create keywords, then select multiple images and check boxes next to the keywords that apply...

Picasa is still better than what she is doing now, so if I can't find something else, we'll go with that.

THANK YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by TheWengler View Post
    Can you tag photos in Picasa? I use it as a viewer. I like it because it maintains the organization I have already set up for my photos and it loads quickly.
    http://picasa.google.com/support/bin...n&answer=43588

Quote Originally Posted by latherunner View Post
    Thank you for the suggestion...

I just tried it and it's real close to what I'm looking for, (especially the price), but I couldn't find an easy way to add keywords. The only way I could find is opening each image individually and typing in keywords...

THANK YOU!
    Select multiple images (same as selecting files in a folder, either CTRL+Click or Shift+Click) in library view and then add the keyword to all those that are selected

Thanks Mark
    Lukas

Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr