Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Visual Reality View Post
    The batteries fill to a higher capacity when charged slower. 1 hour is just way too fast, and you will never get the full mAh out of them.

What's so urgent that they have to be done in 1 hour? I plug mine in when I go to bed, and they are full when I wake up. If you have multiple sets you won't ever run into a time where you will say "crap! I have to charge these now!".

I'd rather not risk them bursting or catching fire because I'm so impatient I can't charge them overnight.
    Charging at 1C is not "Way too fast" and will not damage cells, burst them, or set them on fire. Charging too slow can lead to increased crystalline formations within the cells, higher resistance, and lower capacity, not to mention missing charge termination.

I charge my cells between .5 and 1C and have achieved excellent capacities.

Most NiMH manufacturers recommend a charge rate between .5 and 1C, 1C being a 1 hour charge.

Quote Originally Posted by canon_A620 View Post
    Charging at 1C is not "Way too fast" and will not damage cells, burst them, or set them on fire. Charging too slow can lead to increased crystalline formations within the cells, higher resistance, and lower capacity, not to mention missing charge termination.

I charge my cells between .5 and 1C and have achieved excellent capacities.

Most NiMH manufacturers recommend a charge rate between .5 and 1C, 1C being a 1 hour charge.
    But not Sanyo. They specifically state that their Eneloops should not be charged from near empty to full any faster than 2 hours, with at least 4 being recommended.

Their own charger is a 6-8hr charger.

I personally would never use any 1-2 hour charger, but that's me.
    Nikon D300 | Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 | Nikkor AF-S 70-300mm VR | Nikkor AF 35mm f/2 D | SB-600 | Lowepro Voyager C | Lowepro Slingshot 300 AW

For Sale:
    Nikkor AF 35mm f/2 D - Like New (FX compatible)

Wish List
    Nikkor AF-S 17-55 f/2.8
    Nikkor AF-S 70-200 f/4 VRII
    Tokina AF 11-16 f/2.8
    SB-900 (2)
    Umbrellas
    New Tripod

If you are serious about using rechargeable batteries get one of these from Powerex.

Mh-c9000

Quote Originally Posted by K1W1 View Post
    If you are serious about using rechargeable batteries get one of these from Powerex.
    I agree, this is my primary charger and I've been very happy with it.

I'll continue to charge my NiMH cells (LSD and Non-LSD) at a rate between .5 and 1A. And regarding Sanyo's charging recommendations for the eneloop cells, I'd say that's up for debate. The MH-C9000 put 900 mAh into my eneloop AAA cells at a charge rate of .7A and they were barely warm to the touch.