Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by koti View Post
    I also did mention in my posts that I used a camera before. The fact that I never had a semi pro-canon DSLR doesnt mean that Im dumb enough to put it in continuous drive and complain about missfocus.
    You wrote : "you have focussed on the front top part of the handle of the cup, not on the yogurt. so yes, this is operator error."
    No, its not operator error and no, I did not focus only on the handle of the yogurt. The photo has 2 focusing points out of which the second one is right on the strawberries which are slightly out of focus and it still worries me.
    i also said that if the camera is indicating focus on the yogurt then you may have a dud lens. ie: front focussing. maybe you arent dumb enuf not to know that it is in continuous drive mode. thats not dumb, thats just operator error.

99.9% of people that come onto the forum complaining about their shots and blaming their gear turns out they were doing something wrong. if you have a camera or lens problem then believe me, you are in the minority. so no need to get snippy.

besides, given the fact you bought a canon, i automatically brought your sanity into question.
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Rooz View Post
    besides, given the fact you bought a canon, i automatically brought your sanity into question.

Bad bad Rooz, lol j/k
    I thought about who I am... and realized I was an
    unformed, unreconciled imagery, without "GOD"

NikonD?
    and some other Nikon stuff

0.0%

I had a Canon for 5 days, havent learned to use it properly yet and Im already getting pulled into canon/nikon flame wars, lol
    Canon 40d, Canon EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4 L IS.

At least they are not as bad as the instantaneous flame wars that seem to erupt whenever somebody dares to claim he/she likes Apple better than M$.

Mine focuses fine btw.
    Canon 60D with EF-S 17-55 IS USM lens kit etc.

I handheld this shot at 24mm, 1/2 sec and its actualy acceptable.
    IS on the 17-55 is simply AWESOME. WoW !

Sweet, sweet, sweet, omg I will be able to take shots I've never dreamed of !
    Last edited by koti; 04-17-2008 at 12:18 PM.

Glad you're liking it. I haven't (and won't) pixel peep, but IS is no BS. Your 40D will "sing" with this lens. I took a 1/4 sec shot at 400mm FL w/IS, though admittedly the subject distance was close, while in an idling truck, and the JPG came out downright snappy out of cam.

I took about 300 shots out of which maybe 5 are in focus. I played with various AF settings, played with focusing points, etc. Nothing...all the photos are freakin out of focus.
    You're not alone koti. The same happened to me with 2, yes 2 different, new 40D bodies.

The first one didn't produce any images in focus. I noticed it right away when I would checked the LCD and looked worse when I zoomed in, then confirmed it on my monitor. It had no problem with other issues like hunting/trying to focus on the subject. It showed the subject was in focus in the viewfinder, but the final result was a subject oof. I even used LIVEview to manually focus and got a sharper image. Sucks, but I sent it back for a new one (B&H). I got a second body. Tested it and it seemed to be ok with an ocassional image oof and blamed on the user possibly moving or shaking, it can happen. Nope, when I loaded my images from a photoshoot I found 6 out of 10 images oof and some looked as if I shook the camera and I feel I have a pretty steady hand (this was using using a 17-50 2.8). During most shots I was only standing 3-4 feet away from the model, so I knew it was the camera. I returned this one as well and just got a refund.

I even tested these against my XTi and the XTi images were sharper each time. This was using the exact same settings in each camera and using the same lens, distance, lighting, tripod, etc.

Well 3rd one is a charm. Bought one from Amazon and I'm very happy with the results after a photoshoot on Sunday. Images look great.

It's not always user error.
    Carlos // Canon 40D/ XTi

ok, Im back home in Warsaw from sunny Nairobi.
    Concerning the "ERR 06: Self Cleaning Sensor Unit Malfunction. Consult with Canon Service Center" :

As I wrote before, I called Canon while I was in Kenia and they told me to bring the camera for service (but they havent had a clue to the error)
    Yesterday I went to the store where I bought the gear...they also run a body & lens service center there, not Canon authorized though. We ran some test, came to the conclusion that the camera + my 17-55 focuses well (appears that I had a short lapse of paranoia of some sort concerning the focusing problem) As for the ERR 06, we came to a conclusion that it was condensation that moemntairly caused it and we agreed that I will use the camera for another 2 weeks and if the error persists I will take it to Canon then. They cleaned the camera sensor for free, they also cleaned the lens for free. The service guy told me an interesting fact about Canon errors : All 2 digit errors are not fatal errors (ERR 06 is 2 digits) All 3 digit errors are sirious hardware errors.
    Anyways...I did come into an air conditioned hotel from hot outside when I got the error. Other 2 times I got it was in an air conditioned hotel room and I opened & closed the windows constantly as I was not sure what temp I wanted so it might have been a condenstation issue in both cases. Now Im back in moderate temperature/humidity in Warsaw and for 3 days I havent seen the error and I have a feeling I wont see it.
    I will keep You posted on this issue in this thread.

ok, Im back home in Warsaw from sunny Nairobi.
    Concerning the "ERR 06: Self Cleaning Sensor Unit Malfunction. Consult with Canon Service Center"
    Koti,

Thanks very much for following up with the info! Good luck and enjoy.

dotbalm

hug your Canon warranty!!!

its good that majority of people here clearly helped him, its all a part of learning

now go out there and shoot crazy stuff!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooz View Post
    hands up who hates delobbo !!!!!!
    DeviantArt Gallery

Flickr

Canon 450D + Twin Kit Lens + 50mm 1.4
    It doesn't have to be awkward Will